Smart Cutter 1.4.9 Large File Size

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
Pete3

Smart Cutter 1.4.9 Large File Size

Post by Pete3 »

I've been using the link option with batch conversion to remove ads from ts files. Since updating to v1.4.9 I've noticed that the output files are now very large (larger than the original file). The status window during conversion will typically identify 10 sections rather than the 4 sections in the batch window.

Everything works as expected when using 1.4.8.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete
admin
Site Admin

Re: Smart Cutter 1.4.9 Large File Size

Post by admin »

Dear Pete:
Thanks for your message.

'I've been using the link option with batch conversion'
About the cut point issue you mentioned, from the new version 1.4.9 on, we have new time line operations about cut point set, if you get some time, you may please read the usage.txt or the help doc, or
http://www.fame-ring.com/without.re-encoding.html

In version 1.4.9, we simplified cut points setting operations, the 'link' mode is not necessary any more if you only operate multiple segments in one single source movie, you may please disable it then try again in version 1.4.9.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
balu65

Post by balu65 »

Dear Admin,

I completely agree with Pete3.
I tried both the new versions, 1.4.9 and 1.5 and experienced the same problem. Unfortunately none of them worked properly.

Let me give you an example:
Originally recorded file was: 987 MB and 50 min
New file created with vesrion 1.4.9: 1774 MB and 1:30 hour
New file cut with older version: 1.4.8: 912 MB and 46 min.
Therefore I had to return to the older version 1.4.8 because the new ones just doubled some parts of my recordings and added to the final resulting file.
It seems the version 1.4.8 was the most reliable so far - at least for me.
Pete3

Post by Pete3 »

Dear balu65,

Just to let you know, I've been using the new timeline as suggested by admin to remove ads and it has worked perfectly. I've found that being able to see all the cuts in the new time line is a very useful new feature.

I must admit I do not understand why the the link and batch option no-longer works. For my needs, the new time line is a better way of working.
Battler

Post by Battler »

I initially had this same problem so went looking for some help. I was saving each edit into the batch {top right hand corner] as per versions 1.4.8 and prior. WRONG this is no longer a selection of edits but a Batch listing. If you save each edit to the batch you get an increasing aggregation of edits.....

[Edit 1] + [Edit 1 + Edit 2] + [Edit 1 + Edit 2 + Edit 3]

From 1.4.9 Smart Cutter keeps the sections to be kept on the time line which you save by clicking on the RED record button.

You use the batch edits for files. For example to break up a 6 hour PVR recording into 6x 45 minute programs. In this case you need to clear the selections off the time line before you start the next file.

Hope this helps