Movies cut with SmartCutter freeze in VLC

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Movies cut with SmartCutter freeze in VLC

Post by admin »

Dear dip:
Thanks for your help.

We are just narrowing down the problem. We want to know whether this problem is only special video sample related.

Could you please take a problematic movie and cut it with both version 125 and version 128f with the very same cut point setting? The short video sample you sent to us is short. It would be very helpful if you try on several more samples.

We want to be sure whether this problem is caused by version difference.
Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
dip

Post by dip »

I cut a movie with both versions (1.25 and 1.28f). Both cut samples have the same problem that vlc freezes. So it seems not to be a problem with the version of SmartCutter.

Anything else I can try?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear dip:
Thanks for your help.

We are keeping on identifying the problem. Here we cutted the sample movie with two different methods.
result of method 1
http://www.fame-ring.com/test/dip.tmsf.ts
result of method 2
http://www.fame-ring.com/test/dip.nosf.ts
original sample file
http://www.fame-ring.com/test/dip.org.ts

Could you please playback the two result movies with VLC and tell us the result?
Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
dip

Post by dip »

Both samples freeze in vlc, there is no difference.
I uploaded another sample to your ftp server for testing. Should I upload even a bigger file?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear dip:
Thanks for your quick reply.
dip wrote:I uploaded another sample to your ftp server for testing. Should I upload even a bigger file?
Sure. Please upload samples as you will.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
EVaNE

Post by EVaNE »

Hi there!

I have the exact same problem dip mentioned.
When I try to merge different parts of a video using the "link" and "Record list" feature, the output movie stops after the first cut point (using VLC). Navigation is impossible.
When I try to play the output file using Windows Media Player, it passes the first cutpoint, plays back the first few frames of the second part and stops playback immediately after that.

I'd really appreciate a solution to this problem.

Best regards,
EVaNE
Leo

Post by Leo »

Hi Team,

I have similiar problem as dip mentioned too, play the first clip without any problem, but cannot play others, if you move the scroll bar past the first clip, the scroll bar will move in a fast speed then to the end. If you enable the subtitle, the subtitle will show up one by one in a fast speed then also to the end.

I buy this product because it really can do the job for cut the movie without re-encoding (very fast).

I post here because I use another method to merge the clips and can play in VLC without problem. Hope it can provide some information to fix the problem since extract steps are required when using such a method.

A little tool I used to merge the clips is NullPacketStripper V0.13beta.

Best regards,
Leo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear Leo:
Thank you so much for your help!
I use another method to merge the clips and can play in VLC without problem.
Could you please do us a favor to identify this problem? That would be very helpful.
just cut out one segment from this sample by Smart Cutter
http://www.fame-ring.com/samples/dip/diptest.ts
then use your method to merge the cutted segment twice, repeatly.
And upload the result to our Ftp server.
-------------------------------------
FTP server for uploading samples

FTP server for samples
before uploading samples, please create sub-directory with your name under the root, then upload samples to this sub-directory.

FULL priviliged --- mkdir, read, write, remove
Will be helpful to limit the size of each sample under 50MB! Thank you.

FTP Username: samples@fame-ring.com
Password: samples
FTP Server: ftp.fame-ring.com
FTP Server Port: 21
-------------------------------------

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you !

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
Leo

Post by Leo »

Hi Team,

My VLC version is 1.1.4.

1) VLC cannot play Diptest.ts, only can view the first frame, one second sound, then the scroll bar move gradually to the end.
2) DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1.0 can play Diptest.ts
3) I cut a clip, copy the cutted clip, merge by NullPacketStripper (Diptest.MergeByNull.ts), VLC cannot play, DVBViewer Pro can play to the end.
4) I cut a clip, add twice to the list and merge by Smartcutter 1.2.6 (Diptest.MergeBySmart.ts), since version 1.2.8f hang up, the same, VLC cannot play, DVBViewer Pro can play.

I also uploaded 2 clips and 2 merged clips that has the problem I indicated at the last message.
1. Leotest.01.ts and Leotest.02.ts merged to Leotest.MergeByNull.ts and Leotest.MergeBySmart.ts
2. I use Smartcutter 1.2.8f this time.
3. Leotest.MergeByNull.ts can be played both in VLC and DVBViewer Pro. Can slide over the first clip and play normal at the middle of second clip to the end.
4. Both viewer can play the first clip of Leotest.MergeBySmart.ts and abnormal in the second clips. DVBViewer can play and pass through first clip and play second clip, but if you slide the scroll bar from first clip to second clip, it cannot be played. VLC cannot play through from first clip to second clip, video and audio both stopped at the cut point, the scroll bar move gradually to the end.

Hope this information can help.

Regards,
Leo
dip

Post by dip »

I have now uploaded the following further files for testing:

diplong_part1.ts
diplong_part2.ts
diplong_nullpacketstripper.ts
diplong_smartcutter.ts

diplong_part1.ts and diplong_part2.ts are two samples from a movie that have benn separately cut with smartcutter. After having cut these two samples I have merged them with nullpacketstripper mentioned by leo. The result is stored in diplong_nullpackestripper.ts. This file can be played by vlc.

I selected then the the two identical parts of the movie in smartcutter, but now I cut and merged them directly in smartcutter using the link operation (as I usually do). The result is stored in diplong_smartcutter.ts. This file freezes vlc at the cut point.

Does this help to find the problem?

dip