Sony Vegas

General information about FameRing products, including installation, requirements, license, etc.

Re: Sony Vegas

Post by SESSO »

I hope something can be done.

Is there something else I can use in the mean time to cut lossless TS kill clips from my gaming TS files?

Please let me know a-sap...
bonhomme43

Post by bonhomme43 »

Dear Admin and SESSO,

I have made a discovery that should help SESSO's and my situation, and it might help your developers. From what I can see over the Internet, there are many other users that are trying to use Hauppauge HD PVR 1080i captures and Vegas that would want to know this "little secret" too.

The details and rationale get a little messy to explain, so I won't waste space detailing the workaround here.

I have already left SESSO a PM. SESSO, please let me know if you don't get it, and I will try to get it to you another way.

Admin, please have one of your developer's send me a PM or an email, and I will try to give you a head's up on what I found, and how you might be able to use it to get a "known good" stream to compare against a "non-working" stream. As a developer, I find such A/B comparisons invaluable in figuring such things out.

That is, as long as it isn't an "Apples and Oranges" comparison... I don't know that much about the internal structures of the streams, so I cannot give you better advice there. Just, hopefully, get you in the right area, looking at the right aspects of the issue.

Hope this helps everyone,
bonhomme43
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear bonhomme43:
Thanks for your kind help.
bonhomme43 wrote:Dear Admin and SESSO,

I have made a discovery that should help SESSO's and my situation, and it might help your developers. From what I can see over the Internet, there are many other users that are trying to use Hauppauge HD PVR 1080i captures and Vegas that would want to know this "little secret" too.

The details and rationale get a little messy to explain, so I won't waste space detailing the workaround here.

I have already left SESSO a PM. SESSO, please let me know if you don't get it, and I will try to get it to you another way.

Admin, please have one of your developer's send me a PM or an email, and I will try to give you a head's up on what I found, and how you might be able to use it to get a "known good" stream to compare against a "non-working" stream. As a developer, I find such A/B comparisons invaluable in figuring such things out.

That is, as long as it isn't an "Apples and Oranges" comparison... I don't know that much about the internal structures of the streams, so I cannot give you better advice there. Just, hopefully, get you in the right area, looking at the right aspects of the issue.

Hope this helps everyone,
bonhomme43
We are so eager to know about your discovery. Hope that will resolve this strange problem.

Here is our email address
famering@gmail.com or support@fame-ring.com

We are looking forward to your mail.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
rtm42

Post by rtm42 »

I had the same problem. I solved it separating the video and audio tracks with MeGUI (rename video from .h264 to .264) and importing them to Vegas separately.
Expected to be useful.

Post by SESSO »

I record with TME the PS3 setting (m2ts) and ALL I want to do is simply cut clips/scenes from xbox 360 games I record in lossless format for later use in sony vegas.

Now I'll ask again... Is there ANY other program I can use to simply cut TS clips from recorded games without ANY quality loss?

I thought this would be that program, but sony won't accept the files...

I don't want to have to use 5 different programs or go through 5 different processes to achieve this it's just too much work and far too time consuming.

Post by SESSO »

???????????????????????????
Shield

Post by Shield »

I think I found a workaround for Sony Vegas 10.

I ran the smartcutter output files through TSMUXER 1.10.6 (Freeware). TSmuxer displayed this error: "H264 warn: Force frame_mbs_only_flag division invalid detected. Cancel this flag.".

But it output the files just fine, and then they were able to be imported just fine into Vegas. I'm using Vegas Pro 10.c
Shield

Post by Shield »

Also remember TSMuxer does not re-encode the file either, so it's very quick.

Post by SESSO »

So is there any hope for fixing this? I love this program I even paid for the full version, but output files simply do NOT work in sony vegas!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear SESSO:
Thanks for your message.
SESSO wrote:output files simply do NOT work in sony vegas!
We feel strange too. Although the output files are valid H.264 streams, but vegas does not recognize them. We are waiting for a better new version of vegas.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team