Sony Vegas

General information about FameRing products, including installation, requirements, license, etc.

Sony Vegas

Post by SESSO »

I can't get cut HD PVR files to open in sony vegas did a quick search that suggested TME mode and I tried that mode but still can't be opened in sony vegas please help cut a bunch of files for a montage and now can't edit / render them in sony!

Re: Sony Vegas

Post by SESSO »

Or is there something that renders better quality for youtube than sony vegas?
bonhomme43

Post by bonhomme43 »

I have the same problem as SESSO...

I saw the first post in this thread, and this is exactly the problem that I have using Sony Vegas Pro 10c.
Smart Cutter is the best tool that I have seen so far for dealing with Hauppauge HD DVR and Sony Vegas Pro, but...
It doesn't always seem to work (or, Vegas has gotten even more picky...or the Hauppauge software does something that affects Vegas...or I am missing something...).

I hope that by providing the following, that it might help in getting this problem addressed.

Basically:
- I capture with Hauppauge HD DVR and their capture software.
- Key Capture Settings: 1080i, 12Mbps, to a .ts file (MPEG-2 Transport Stream).
- I then use Smart Cutter 1.3.8 to do the prep work towards importing into Vegas (cut out commercials, etc.).
- I too saw the note in another thread about using TME Mode in Smart Cutter, so I ensure that is always set.
- When I try to import into Sony Vegas Pro 10c, sometimes the file it is recognized and sometimes not.
- Also, sometimes when it is recognized, it hangs on "building peaks" (i.e. 0% and never gets further).

There are times when I can get 5 of 6 segments (or scenes) working fine, but the 6th one cannot be done without re-capturing that segment from scratch.
The "failed segment" is usually the second one in a list, but not always.
It doesn't matter if the list is linked in one big file or six smaller ones (approximately 8 minutes each).

So, since the poster in that other thread said that Vegas Pro 9c was working using the TME Mode option, I have to wonder if Vegas Pro 10c hasn't gotten even more picky.

Anyway, unless there is something more that can be done with Smart Cutter to workaround the problem...
I have tried the "Fix Video File" and "Stream Fix" in various combinations with TME Mode, etc.
I've pretty much exhausted the tests that I can think of.

If anyone can offer some help, ideas, or can share their experiences with this combination of tools, settings, etc., it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Post by SESSO »

I thought the same thing so I sent a file of mine to a friend using Sony Vegas 9 and he couldn't open it either says "failed to open"

This is frustrating because this is the best lossless cutter for HD PVR and it's quick too but now I find out I can't even do anything with all the cut clips I have?

I don't even have the original captured files anymore because I never thought for any reason these files wouldn't open in sony vegas.

The only other thing I can do is render them lossless avi but results in HUGE files like 3GB for a 20 second clip and that's just ridiculous...

Can't you find out what this program is doing to the files that's disagreeing with sony vegas and fix it? Something? Idk...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear SESSO and bonhomme43:
Thanks for your message.

Please help us to show and identify the problem.
Could you please send us a video sample for a test?

It would be better if the sample file size is less than 100 MB.

If you can not find small sample, use this simple tool to split your movie file into small pieces, and upload any one of them.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-S ... rger.shtml
-------------------------------------
before uploading sample, please create sub-directory with your name under the root, then upload sample to this sub-directory.

FULL priviliged --- mkdir, read, write, remove
Will be helpful to limit the sample file size under 100MB.
Thank you.

FTP Username: samples@fame-ring.com
Password: samples
FTP Server: ftp.fame-ring.com
FTP Server Port: 21
-------------------------------------

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team

Post by SESSO »

Okay I got kind of confused by what you said but here is a direct download to a raw M2TS file I recorded with HD PVR via TME and it is 35MB in size.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c84acoa9sbxsxwv

All I do is cut a clip with your Smart Cutter and try to put it in Sony Vegas but it doesn't work. It won't accept/open the file (even though it's MT2S still?)

If you could figure out why Sony Vegas doesn't accept clips after going through smart cutter and fix it that would be AMAZING!

If not can you recommend another program that can cut lossless M2TS? Will that one you just linked work for that?
bonhomme43

Post by bonhomme43 »

Dear Admin,

Thank you for your quick response. I have uploaded an example, some screen shots and a readme.

In making the clip shorter, I noticed a difference in symtomology. Hmmm...

So, I am in the process of experimenting with different lengths and startng points, since there appears to be some issue in the stream or reading from the stream or similar. Maybe a different starting point may help in finding it. I will include a readme for each test run. Hope this helps.

Thanks again.
bonhomme43

Post by bonhomme43 »

Dear Admin,

Long day... I just got back in.
I am splitting the original source capture file for you now.

I will explain more in a readme file...

Thank you for your patience...

Post by SESSO »

Any good news?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear SESSO:
Thanks for your sample file.

We did re-produce the problem in Vegas Pro 9.0c
Although some cut samples from other users can be imported into vegas correctly, it failed the cut sample you uploaded.

The developers are still trying to figure out the reason, but that could be difficult.
We will keep you posted about the progress.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team