Stutter in trimmed mts clips

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
ScubaBobOC

Stutter in trimmed mts clips

Post by ScubaBobOC »

I used Smart Cutter recently to "trim" down .mts clips from my Panasonic GH2 camera. I then inserted those clips into a Premiere CS6 timeline. The resulting video has a "stutter" on many of the clips. The resulting video can be seen here:
https://vimeo.com/67626406

The original mts files do not have this stutter. Is there something that I can do to avoid this issue? I am using version 1.7.3 of Smart Cutter for DV and DVB. Thanks!

Edit: add version
admin
Site Admin

Re: Stutter in trimmed mts clips

Post by admin »

Dear ScubaBobOC:
Thanks for your message.

'inserted those clips into a Premiere CS6 timeline. The resulting video has a "stutter"'
Please help us to show and identify the problem.
Could you please playback those clips in your video players such as WMP VLC SPlash or MPC HC to see the result? Or does this only happen in Premiere?

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
ScubaBobOC

Post by ScubaBobOC »

You can even see the stutter by reopening the same clips within Smart Cutter and walking through frame by frame.

Please review the video on Vimeo - The stutter is very apparent on several of the clips in the video. The best examples are at 2:28, 3:34, 3:41 - I apologize for not directing you to the problem clips.

I can upload one of the clips for you if you would like. As far as playing the clip individually and seeing it, the issue is not as noticeable that way. Since the "stutter" is always at the very beginning of the clip, it is much more noticeable when tied together with other clips, or if you walk through the clip frame by frame (again, even in Smart Cutter).
ScubaBobOC

Post by ScubaBobOC »

3 sample clips uploaded to ftp://ScubabaBobOC/
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear ScubaBobOC:
Thanks for your message and the samples.

It's weird. None of the samples can be opened on our end by SmartCutter, WindowsMediaPlayer, VLC, Splash, MPC HC. Looks no popular video player can open them.

So are these samples corrupt files? May you please re-check them on your end?

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
ScubaBobOC

Post by ScubaBobOC »

Oops - Using ftp via command prompt and didn't have file type set to binary. Re-uploaded files - please let me know if they still do not work. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear ScubaBobOC:
Thanks for your message and the samples.

We tested the samples on our end, but we do not see any 'stutter' on our end.

Here is what we did:
In Smart Cutter, open '2013_06_01_OlympicII_Wreck48.MTS', select a part of it, add it into 'batch' for 4 times, enlighten the 'link' button, then 'Start Batch'.
So we get a result in which the same video segment repeating 4 times.
We open and playback the result in WindowsMediaPlayer, Splash, MPC HC. But we can not see any 'stutter', especially on the link point between any two segments(yes they have the very same content).

May you please do the same check on your end and tell us the result?

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
ScubaBobOC

Post by ScubaBobOC »

The stutter is always in the first several frames. For instance, in the clip (2013_06_01_OlympicII_Wreck48.MTS) you mention, review frames 1-8 (from within Smart Cutter). Do this by opening the MTS file, and then clicking on the "forward one frame" button. You will see the fish go forward and then "reset" to it's original position.
ScubaBobOC

Post by ScubaBobOC »

Do you think this night be related to GOP length? I believe my current GOP length is set to 3 or 4.
ScubaBobOC

Post by ScubaBobOC »

Were you able to see the repeated frames?