SmartCutter 1.7.1 and garbage at start of video

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
wtuppa

SmartCutter 1.7.1 and garbage at start of video

Post by wtuppa »

Hi,

I just bought your software, because It looked good during first test. But now I see some problem when cutting some files.
I have already them uploaded to FTP (orignal input, project file, result file).

When looking at the result with VLC or Windows Media Player I see some garbage at the screen in the first few seconds. The same part in the original file is fine. For me it looks, that after cutting the video, it references some no more existing frame.

Regards
Walter
admin
Site Admin

Re: SmartCutter 1.7.1 and garbage at start of video

Post by admin »

Dear wtuppa:
Thanks for your message.

'I have already them uploaded to FTP (orignal input, project file, result file).'
We only see the project file, but there is no actual video sample there, may you please re-check it on the ftp.

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
wtuppa

Post by wtuppa »

Hi,

I renamed the two files (the names were quite long), but then the project file of course no longer matches the input file name (but that should be no problem for you).
The orignal input file name was "360° - Geo Reportage - Attila und die Pferde der Puszta - 2013-03-01 13-00.ts.chunk024.ts" (with some spaces).
The chunk was cutted by a simple split program, but the cut point is a few minutes behind the start of the file.

If you still have problem accessing the data, send me an email and I will upload them again.

Regards
Walter Tuppa
wtuppa

Post by wtuppa »

Hi,

how about the initial problem in this post? Could you now read the files I uploaded.
The two problems are not related, since I use a TS stream directly from my SAT receiver without any preprocessing.
Could you please tell me about your investigations about my problem. Is there the possibility to split this thread?

What I see is, that in the very first pictures (where SmartCutter reencoded), I get some picture parts green. This is usually when the referenced frames are not available or broken.

Regards
Walter Tuppa
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear wtuppa:
Thanks for your message and the sample files.

We do have a clue about this, here is a cut result by a new fix version under construction. It plays fine in Win7 Media Player. Please try it on your end, and tell us the result.
http://www.fame-ring.com/samples/wtuppa ... x+.cut0.ts

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
wtuppa

Post by wtuppa »

Hi,

I downloaded your fixed version TS file, but I still have problem looking at it with VLC. I uploaded two different screen shots from VLC (pressing stop at some point, multiple try), where you can see, that some garbage is shown. There is no problem in the original stream.
What I think is, that at this point some bad reference is in the stream and show some invalid data, similar to the output, when you jump around in the stream.

Is it possible to get test version to work on the original streams here. Not all streams have this problem, but quite a lot of them.

Regards
Walter Tuppa
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear wtuppa:
Thanks for your message.

'fixed version TS file, but I still have problem looking at it with VLC'
Is there any difference between this fix TS file and that previous output.ts(you uploaded) when they are shown on your end?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
wtuppa

Post by wtuppa »

Hi,

the only difference is, that in the fixed version, I see some garbage in color, in the initial one with my project file, I had only green dot (not full color).
But that's probably because I see the problems not on the first cut in your example. I usually cut only at the beginning and on end these files.

Why didn't you test the video with my project file?

Regards
Walter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear wtuppa:
Sorry for the latency, we just did some more thorough tests on the sample.

GOP means group of pictures.

As you know, H.264 video is a chain of GOPs. In most H.264 videos, this chain can be cut apart without problem. But in some H.264 videos, such as the sample you sent to us, it is not. The reason for the problem is: every GOPs in this sample needs the preceeding GOP as its reference. So their is no way in theory to cut it flawlessly. Most popular video players will tolerate the problem and play the cut result without visible flaw. Such as Windows Media Player, MPC HC, Splash, etc.
Splash
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Mirillis-Splash
MPC HC
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Media-Pl ... ome-Cinema

Actually we'd suggest that you may please configure your H.264 video source, change the H.264 setting, so as to avoid the situation.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
wtuppa

Post by wtuppa »

Hi,

thanks for your answer. But this is still a problem for me. Since the source of my video is DVB-S2 from Satellit, I am not able to change the video source. On the other hand, I use a WDTV from Western Digital to play the video on the TV screen. This cannot be changed either. Some videos with this kind of error will even not play.

Would it be possible for you to use a larger area in front of the video for reencoding, e.g. use 5 seconds (or GOPs) ahead of the cut point and get all the frames and then start reencoding at the cut point. Even if some GOPs in front where referenced, it should be fine then. I know, that this is not easy, but handable and would be a very good solution. Do not forget, that I have some error only in the first few (2-3) seconds, everything later is perfect.

Regards
Walter Tuppa