Jittery video on Windows Media Player

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
kai Shahrokh

Jittery video on Windows Media Player

Post by kai Shahrokh »

I just bought a copy of smart cutter 1.7.1 to trim and cut videos downloaded from YouTube in mp4 format after the the initial testings went well. Today I noticed that the output is jittery on Windows Media Player or windows 8 Xbox Video Player. Scrolling text looks like when a film projector has problems with the smooth advancing the film and the the displayed text in the frames jumps up and down. The same video displays fine when played with QuickTime player or another player (Media Player Classic - Home Media - freeware). It also plays well from a memory stick on a LG BlueRay player. Since the original mp4 file plays fine on Windows Media Player, there must be a significant change in the new segment copy. The application is running on a Windows 8 Pro unit. The jittery display is the same on other Windows 8 PCs.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Jittery video on Windows Media Player

Post by admin »

Dear kai Shahrokh:
Thanks for your message.

'output is jittery on Windows Media Player or windows 8'
Please help us to show and identify the problem.
Have you ever tried it on the windows media player of Win7?

Could you please upload a video sample to our ftp server for a test? We want the very original file, not cut result of Smart Cutter.

It would be better if the sample file size is less than 50 MB.

-------------------------------------
before uploading sample, please create sub-directory with your name under the root, then upload sample to this sub-directory.

FULL priviliged --- mkdir, read, write, remove
Will be helpful to limit the sample file size under 50MB.
Thank you.

FTP Username: samples@fame-ring.com
Password: samples
FTP Server: ftp.fame-ring.com
FTP Server Port: 21
-------------------------------------

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
kai Shahrokh

Re: Jittery video on Windows Media Player

Post by kai Shahrokh »

Okay, just found the source of my problem. The file I cut with jittery results was joined first from three segments by "FreeVideoJoiner". When I did similar cuts using the original mp4 segment files, all went well. This means that FreeVideoJoiner is leaving something behind which causes the problem. For me the solution is not to use this combination of joining and then cutting. By the way, the FreeVideoJoiner was what led me to your product. Also, I can't test the bad file on Windows 7 because of upgrading all units to Windows 8. I still have XP units but non of the players there can display mp4 files. I'm not uploading any files, since you can repeat the problem using the FreeVideoJoiner and Smart Cutter combination.