Glitchy Edits

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
jaydub

Glitchy Edits

Post by jaydub »

When I do edits within program material, the edit is glitchy. The going out scene freezes or stutters briefly, or the going in scene flashes a digital pattern perhaps half a second after the scene starts. Source material is .ts file recorded from HD-PVR in conjunction with Total Media Extreme and SageTV. Glitchiness is also dependant on playback software, with SageTV and PowerDVD10 being the best, VLC and Total Media Extreme being the worst. The program seems fine for simply cutting off the heads and tails of a recording, but intra-program edits just are not good enough for primetime. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or something I'm not doing that I should be? To edit out material from a long clip, my process is to:
- move the slider to the beginning of the material I want to keep,
- click "New Start Point",
- press Play and play until I reach the end of the scene I want to keep, then press Pause,
- click "New End Point"
- continue this for all the scenes I want to kee, then click the red button "Start Transacoding".
Any advice?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Glitchy Edits

Post by admin »

Dear jaydub:
Thanks for your message.

Please help us to show and identify the problem.

Could you please upload a video sample to our ftp server for a test?

It would be better if the sample file size is less than 50 MB.

If you can not find small sample, use this simple tool to split your movie file into small pieces, and upload any one of them.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-S ... rger.shtml
-------------------------------------
before uploading sample, please create sub-directory with your name under the root, then upload sample to this sub-directory.

FULL priviliged --- mkdir, read, write, remove
Will be helpful to limit the sample file size under 50MB.
Thank you.

FTP Username: samples@fame-ring.com
Password: samples
FTP Server: ftp.fame-ring.com
FTP Server Port: 21
-------------------------------------

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
jaydub

Glitchy Edits

Post by jaydub »

I just uploaded my sample to your ftp server under the sub-directory "jaydub". Also included .txt file that shows edit points. This particular clip isn't too bad. Plays nearly flawlessly in PowerDVD10, but glitchy in any other program.