how to unplug safely external disk after using SmartCutter

General information about FameRing products, including installation, requirements, license, etc.
smartuser49

how to unplug safely external disk after using SmartCutter

Post by smartuser49 »

I am a faithful registered user since several years and I am very satisfied with this evolutive product.
I have a look on the forum and the FAQ but I did not find something about a problem related to recording on external USB hard drive and how to unplug safely this peripheral after having closed the application SmartCutter.

It seems that this application does not free the disk after frame cutting, having saved the new file on this peripheral disk and closed the application.

I would like to safely disconnect my external hard drive from my computer, but when i try to do it through the Windows Unplug or Eject Hardware icon in my system tray, it displays that it cannot be stopped at this time because an application is always using it.

I had a look on Win 7 processus and services running but nothing in relation with this application.
So I always make a shutdown of my computer after using SmartCutter to avoid any potential problem with file index on my external disk.

Do you have any idea about this problem ?

(sorry for my english ... I am a french guy)
admin
Site Admin

Re: how to unplug safely external disk after using SmartCutt

Post by admin »

Dear smartuser49:
Thanks for your message.

‘cannot be stopped at this time because an application is always using it.’

Sounds strange. We tried several times on Win7 and XP on our end with no problem. Currently we are not very clear about the reason. We will keep on investigating it and keep you posted about the progress.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team