Issues To Be Looked At !!

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
dellsam34

Issues To Be Looked At !!

Post by dellsam34 »

Ok the last version that I used is 5.1.1 so I just downloaded the latest but havn't tried it yet, I noticed few flaws with previous versions:
- Can you make the update automatic, so we don't have to uninstall manualy the old version and install the new one ?
- Can you make the default installation folder c/program files instead of the root of the hard drive ? I tried manualy installing on program files folder the software craches when launched.
- Can you make the program remembers the registration code so we don't have to enter it each time we update ?
- The saved project file seem to display only the first cut even if few cuts have been made and saved, can you look at this?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Issues To Be Looked At !!

Post by admin »

Dear dellsam34:
Thanks for your kind help.

'Can you make the update automatic, so we don't have to uninstall manualy the old version and install the new one ?'

How to upgrade Smart Cutter to the latest version.

There is an easy way to achieve this actually:
1.download our most updated portable version here
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.rar
2.decompress the .rar, get the smart.portable.exe
3.goto previous installed directory of Smart Cutter, backup the old .exe file, maybe smart.exe or smart.portable.exe
4.now copy the new smart.portable.exe into this directory, you may rename it to smart.exe if you want
5.done. all preferences kept.

About the automatic update, do you think that is very important? Although it is not difficult to implement, but it may need administrator privilege on your end.

'Can you make the default installation folder c/program files instead of the root of the hard drive ?'
On Win 7 OS, if you are not running as an administrator, this may lead to some chaos issues.

'The saved project file seem to display only the first cut even if few cuts have been made and saved, can you look at this?'
Strange, it should not be. We will take a look into this.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
dellsam34

Re: Issues To Be Looked At !!

Post by dellsam34 »

I don't have Windows 7 yet, I'm still on vista but all programs are on the program files folder the only one on the root is smart cutter that's why I asked if it is possible to make the default folder program files or program files(x86) depends if version 64 or 32 bit, thanks