1.5.2+: Linking multiple parts into one movie

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
highc

1.5.2+: Linking multiple parts into one movie

Post by highc »

Hi - I'm (inter alia) using smart cutter to remove commercials. Since 1.5.1, I'm having difficulties linking multiple parts (before and after commercials) into one movie. Some snippets get duplicated for a reason I cannot understand. The picture below shows quite nicely what is happening:

The original movie is 4,253 secs in length, i.e. roughly 70 mins. You can also see below on the scroll bar that I cut 3 parts out of the movie (3 blue bars) and added them to the batch (3 entries in the batch).

What doesn't fit: The overall length of the three cut parts amounts to 90 mins (remember: total lenght of the original 70 mins, and I'm only using three parts of it!). The actual size of the batch should be about 45 mins. Plus you can also see from the transcoding window that smart cutter for some reason is cutting 6 parts instead of 3.

User error? Or a bug? I had no issues with earlier versions.

Thanks.
highc

Re: 1.5.2+: Linking multiple parts into one movie

Post by highc »

Ok, 2 more things:
  • The picture above is cut off at the right in my browser. But if I tell the browser to show the image separately, all details (incl. the snippet list on the right) can be seen.
  • If I deactivate "link", smart cutter cuts 0/1, 0/2, 1/2, 0/3, 1/3, 2/3 and then shows 3/3, when done. 6 files are created accordingly - which is a bit too much, I think. :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear highc:
Thanks for your message.

The below two discussion theads may help you.
http://www.fame-ring.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4294
http://www.fame-ring.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4295

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
highc

Post by highc »

Ah, got it. Thanks!