Start and end-points aren't trustworthy.

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
snipsnip

Start and end-points aren't trustworthy.

Post by snipsnip »

Because the indicated values of NEW START POINT and NEW END POINT did not lead to the expected results, I have carried out several tests.

1 I start Smart Cutter and load a file.
1.1 I click to the red point button.
Error: Although the values are shown for start and end-point with 00:00:00:000, a new file is produced with the length of the source file.
Requirement: Either an error message must appear that the end point is not set or - the improved solution - after loading a (new) file the end point is set automatically to the final length of the video.

1.2 I set start and end-point.
1.2.1 I click to the red point button.
No error. The video is cut correctly.

1.2.2 I click on the red point button once more. Note: Start and end-point are unchanged!
Error: The converted video isn't cut, it has the same length as the source video.

The reason: The start point were set internally after the first converting (paragraph 1.1) to 00:00:00:000 and the end point to the length of the video.
The readout on the screen remained however unchanged.
Requirement: Start and end-point may not be reset internally after converting.

1.2.3 I click on the 'add list' and after that on 'Record List'. Note: Start and end-point are unchanged!
Error: The converted video isn't cut, it has the same length as the source video.

The reason: The start point were set internally after the first converting (paragraph 1.1) to 00:00:00:000 and the end point to the length of the video.
These values were transfered internally to the add list. In the add list on the screen however the same values are listed, which were set by me for start and end-point at the beginning of my tests and which are displayed for NEW START POINT and NEW END POINT. It appears, everything is correct. But it isn't.
Requirement: The internally values of the add list must have the same values as displayed on the screen.

2 I load a new file.
Error: At NEW START POINT and NEW END POINT the same values are listed, which were set by me for start and end-point at the beginning of my tests (paragraph 1.2)
Requirement: After loading a new file the start point is set automatically to 00:00:00:000 and the end point to the final length of the video.

2.1 I set a new start point and a neu end point, but the endpoint lower than the start point.
No error: The start point is set automatically to 00:00:00:000.

2.1.1 I click to the red point button.
No error. The video is cut correctly.

2.2 I set a new start point higher than the end point.
Error: The end point is automatacally set to 00:00:00:000, but the the video is converted up to the end.
Requirement: The readout for NEW END POINT must be set to the end-point of the video automatically.