Inaccurate time coding displayed

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
55trucker

Inaccurate time coding displayed

Post by 55trucker »

Hello there & this is my 1st post here.

I've finally found an editing program that seems to be capable of snipping/joining .ts files without a lot of fuss, and more importantly without re-encoding them.

I do have a question tho, before I do decide to purchase....can a developer here please explain why....regardless of what file I load into the program, the time counter ALWAYS displays 10mins on the clock, NOT 0.00.000. This is more than likely causing the problem I am experiencing when it comes to an attempt to edit off the tail end of any file I am working on. The program loads the file, I start to play the file and the counter is 10mins out of sync, If I *pull* the progress bar to the frame where I want to set the ending and enter the *new ending*, then start the process, the program displays the attempt to process the file, then goes dormant, it does not go unresponsive, just dormant, it WILL go unresponsive if I force Win7 to end it because nothing is happening. The file I am working on is a 45 min & change file.

I've included two links to my photobucket of two screenshots I took to display what it is I am getting from the program. You'll see a time displayed in both photos, 1st photo is the file loaded and the time shows 10mins on the clock where it should be *0*. Second photo shows 54 mins & change where it should be 44 mins & change.
Hope someone can help out, thx.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u124 ... rphoto.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u124 ... photo2.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Re: Inaccurate time coding displayed

Post by admin »

Dear 55trucker:
Thanks for your message.

1.In the Options dialog, please set the 'TC 0 Base' then try again.
2.Could you please upload a video sample to our ftp server for a test?

It would be better if the sample file size is less than 100 MB.

If you can not find small sample, use this simple tool to split your movie file into small pieces, and upload any one of them.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-S ... rger.shtml
-------------------------------------
before uploading sample, please create sub-directory with your name under the root, then upload sample to this sub-directory.

FULL priviliged --- mkdir, read, write, remove
Will be helpful to limit the sample file size under 100MB.
Thank you.

FTP Username: samples@fame-ring.com
Password: samples
FTP Server: ftp.fame-ring.com
FTP Server Port: 21
-------------------------------------

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
55trucker

Re: Inaccurate time coding displayed

Post by 55trucker »

Thx for the reply,
I did try adjusting the TC 0 base with no joy, I'll try to get a small snip to you, I've got to make a small sample , as of yet I haven't done so because of this time code situation.