Specify file names Smart Cutter

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
drift

Specify file names Smart Cutter

Post by drift »

Hi Support

We record Digital Television in TS-format and in that regard I have a question about your Smart Cutter for DV and DVB. If it is possible we will use your software to trim a 12 hour TV recording into smaller segments. Your manual explains how to do this but I can´t find any information on how to give the output files specific names. According to Point 8 in your manual:

8. lighten up the button 'link', press button 'Record List' to start the transcoding. If the button 'link' lightened up, you will be asked for a output file name, the result will be one single file with all segments linked together; Otherwise, each segment will be transcoded into a new file.

My question is: can you give the output files specific names before they are transcoded? Or will I have to rename the files afterwards?

Best Regards
drift
JohnnyB

Re: Specify file names Smart Cutter

Post by JohnnyB »

I believe the answer is, if you don't link the files together, you'll have to rename them after they are created. Its been a while since I've split a file into seperate segments, but SC may offer you the opportunity to give the group of files an overall filename, but then SC appends a suffix "-1, -2, -3 etc or something like that) to the end of each indivudual segment's file. I do not believe SC allows you to give each segment's file a unique name.