Bad Pool Caller

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
Blizzarduk

Bad Pool Caller

Post by Blizzarduk »

I have just downloaded the demo to use. I am getting Bad Pool Caller blue screen everytime I try to make a file out of a lot of cut files (Iam cutting commercials out of a h.264 TS file). This has happened every time now out of the 3 times I have tried. Sadly I couldn't find a save function for my edits so I keep losing them too, so I have to re-edit the file each time and then find I get a BSOD after all the editing, which is frustrating.

This could be the very software I have been looking for over the last 3 years, so I really hope I can get it to work. I am using Windows XP Pro, 4gb of ram, Quad 6600, multiple HDDs. Any specific info that will help ? I am going to try the demo on my other Windows PC to see what happens.

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bad Pool Caller

Post by admin »

Dear Blizzarduk:
Thanks for your information.
Please allow us several minutes to clear it out.

1.'blue screen'
Do you mean the computer halted with a 'blue screen', that you must restart the computer? Or just a blue screen in the movie?

2.'save function for my edits'
Smart Cutter does have a function to load/save projects. After you set all the cut points, right click on the cut list, select the menuitem 'load/save project'; if you want to output all the cut points into a text file, select 'output points'.

3.If you still can not make it work, please send us a small sample of your movie(larger than 3MB), our developers can have it a check. Thank you.
Our email address
support@fame-ring.com or famering@gmail.com

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
Blizzarduk

Post by Blizzarduk »

Thanks for the info about saving, I never knew that, great stuff. Any idea by the way why the cut list says the start result point is 0.00.00 even when I start the first edit a few mins in ? Is that normal ?

As for the Bad Pool Caller, yes, I mean a blue screen (BSOD, blue screen of death), where the PC needs to be restarted.

By the way, McAfee seems to still be giving a false positive on the virus when opening a video file, I have shut it down and it seems to work ok.

Will report back in a moment to see if my other PC works okay with editing. All my files are HD-PVR 1080i from UK Sky TV.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Blizzarduk wrote:Any idea by the way why the cut list says the start result point is 0.00.00 even when I start the first edit a few mins in ?
Dear Blizzarduk:
'start the first edit a few mins in' is the in point, not result point. Just scroll right in the cut list, you will see the in and out points(aka, start and end point). But 'result point' is the time section where the current segment will be in the output movie.
Did we make it clear?
Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
Blizzarduk

Post by Blizzarduk »

Thanks, I realised this soon after I made the post, my apologies.

Currently file seems to be joining okay on my other PC, about 3 mins left and so far no BSOD (however, it is a different TS file). Will report back with more info later on. Software did crash a couple of times (not BSOD error this time), but I think that was my fault as I was clicking too fast on the "forward" or "backwards" buttons, when I took things slower it didn't crash.

I notice you have uploaded a new version of Smart Cutter in a RAR file, I am using the 1.0 version from your website, should I be using the new RAR version ? If so, do I just replace the existing files with the RAR ones ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I notice you have uploaded a new version of Smart Cutter in a RAR file, I am using the 1.0 version from your website, should I be using the new RAR version ? If so, do I just replace the existing files with the RAR ones ?
Dear Blizzarduk:
The portable .rar is the most updated version. We keep it updated as soon as we get any improvement. Every about one month, we concluded all the improvemts into a normal install version, the .exe.
So, please always use the .rar version. Just decompress it, ready to run. Thank you.
Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
Blizzarduk

Post by Blizzarduk »

Firstly, big thanks, the outputted file is great, all in sync and perfect, thumbs up :) You should advertise this software many places, I never knew it existed until today using Google, and I have been looking for frame accurate h.264 software for ages, as have thousands of other people. Well done on being the first to get there :)

A small problem I do have, which may be nothing to do with your software, is that when I import the joined file in to Nero Vision some of the segments are out of sync, they are NOT out of sync on the actual file, only when I import it in Nero Vision. I totally understand you are not support for Nero, but I wondered if you could think of any reason this is happening ? It seems to go out of sync after the commercial breaks, but then is back in sync after another commercial break (so some joined segments are fine, but others are out of sync). The actual outputted file from Smart Cutter plays fine though, it is only when I import that in to Nero that sync problems happen.

I use a HD PVR. Any ideas ? Many thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

import the joined file in to Nero Vision
Dear Blizzarduk:
Could please tell us the version of the Nero Vision you are using? So we can have it a test.
Thank you.
Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
Blizzarduk

Post by Blizzarduk »

Sure, it is Nero Vision from the Nero 9 package. The exact version of Nero Vision is 6.0.6.0 (but comes with the Nero 9 suite).

Same happens in Nero 8 too (I have both installed).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Blizzarduk wrote:Sure, it is Nero Vision from the Nero 9 package. The exact version of Nero Vision is 6.0.6.0 (but comes with the Nero 9 suite).
Same happens in Nero 8 too (I have both installed).
Dear Blizzarduk:
We installed Nero, tested Nero Vision with the output of Smart Cutter. But Nero Vision does not support DXVA on our test computers, it is very slow while playing back H.264 HD movies. So we can not observe the a/v sync of the playback.

But, we have a second thought. We need your help here.
Please take a test described below:
This time, after you set up all the segments into Smart Cutter's cut list, do not use MERGE mode, (do not lighten up the 'link' button); now 'Record List', you will get several single result movies, one for each segment.
Now, import these result movies into Nero Vision, one by one, output them into disk directory, see if the a/v sync okay.

Please tell us the result. Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team