Report of malware when trying to use Smart Cutter Ps/Ts

General information about FameRing products, including installation, requirements, license, etc.
marcio.alirio

Report of malware when trying to use Smart Cutter Ps/Ts

Post by marcio.alirio »

I was trying to use Smart Cutter ps/ts and when I opened a video file, I got a message from AVG anti virus about a file msvc60.ini and the program crashed. I uninstalled AVG and then Smart Cutter worked well. Then I installed Microsoft Security Essentials, and had the same problem. I'm using Windows 7 32bits.
This is Microsoft Security Essentials message:

Virtool:Win32/Obfuscator.C
Categoria: Ferramenta
Descrição: Este programa é usado para criar vírus, worms e outros tipos de malware.
Recomendação: Remover este software imediatamente.
O Microsoft Security Essentials detectou programas que podem comprometer a sua privacidade ou danificar o seu computador. Você ainda terá acesso aos arquivos que esses programas utilizam sem removê-los (recomendável). Para acessar esses arquivos, selecione a ação "Permitir" e clique em "Aplicar ações". Se essa opção não estiver disponível, faça logon como administrador ou solicite ajuda do administrador local.
Itens:
file:C:\Users\Marcio\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\FameRing\Smart Cutter for DV and DVB\msvc60.ini
admin
Site Admin

Re: Report of malware when trying to use Smart Cutter Ps/Ts

Post by admin »

FALSE ALERT!
'msvc60.ini' is our initialization stub file. We already know that Microsoft security softwares, such as Essentials and OneCare, always raise false alert on Smart Cutter. We are still seeking for a solution.

One of our users, even posted it to Sophus, the result is clear now, definitely a false alert.
Below is the reply from Sophus
Hello Again FameRing,
At the same time I sent the file to Sophus, and here is their reply:
..and again thanx for yr effort.

---- Quote --------------------------

Hello P----,

Thanks for submitting the file sample. The labs have determined this is a false positive and has been fixed. Please ensure you have the latest virus definitions and let us know if it is still being detected. Thanks.

Regards,
Ben Lim
Sophos Technical Support

http://www.sophos.com/support/
SOPHOS - simply secure
Smart Cutter has been tested okay with Mcafee, Norton, Nod32. It is also tested clean by Download.com and Softpedia.com.

Thanks for your information, please keep in touch with us.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team