Version 1.4.0 doesn't work.

General information about FameRing products, including installation, requirements, license, etc.
john

Version 1.4.0 doesn't work.

Post by john »

Files ..... from DVB (Australia)

.ts format 1200x720p
50 frames per second (broadcasted at this rate)
mpeg audio 192 2 ch

Plays edits perfectly in smart cutter purchased (in computer, not portable version), when hitting record transfers o.k, but when played back or when downgrading (using transfer software) to .vob (dvd) PAL or NTSC, no audio and file plays for about 1 sec then paused. The file is playable in smart cutter only, all other softwares refuse to play the transfigured file.

Should I have a certain codec installed for this version?

ps. The raw files play perfectly in any player prior to using smart cutter 1.4.0.
:?:
admin
Site Admin

Re: Version 1.4.0 doesn't work.

Post by admin »

Dear John:
Thanks for your message.

Could you please try our previous version(1.3.9f) on your side and tell us the result?
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.139f.rar

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
john

Post by john »

Thank you for your reply, I'm going to try the 1.4.0 portable version to see if it might be a codec problem with the installed version, then I will try the old version again. Im pretty sure it worked. We have a t.v station that loves 50fps broadcasting, which is not the standard for broadcast in this country, it is 25fps. (grrr)
john

Post by john »

The problem is with the new version 1.4.0 in both tower and portable versions.

version 1.3.9f works perfectly.

The problem seems to be with the first edit point making players go into pause. when sliding slider on media player classic audio is returned and playback is possible, this test was only done on a first edit point and not with joined edit points.

The 1.3.9f was an entire program working perfectly.

This problem has occurred with 2 individual program trials with two different features.

1 at 25fps
1 at 50fps

The problem seems to be with the first edit point on a feature.
john

Post by john »

I though on a side line of using nics fourccc changing utility to change the front heading information to .ts, this worked and allows me to play the file in windows media player classic, but the whole file is corrupted somehow and will not work in any of my down-converting softwares.

Even when ran thru the older version 139f it could not correct the errors in the stream.

I have returned back to the older working version 139f until your next update.

I hope this information has been of some use to you.

john
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear John:
Thanks for your message.

Could you please try our new version(1.4.1) on your side and tell us the result?
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.rar

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team