Movie isn't cut

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
snipsnip

Movie isn't cut

Post by snipsnip »

Procedure:

1. I load a movie file, set new start/end points and convert the file. The movie is cut, ok.

2. I would like to save the project and click to 'add list': The time stamps 'Start Point' and 'End Point' in the list are the same as for 'NEW START POINT' and 'NEW END POINT', ok.

3. I click to 'Record List': The converted movie has the same length as the source movie.
It isn't cut!

4. I click to the red point button (the time stamps for 'NEW START POINT' and 'NEW END POINT' are the same as in line 1.): The converted movie has the same length as the source movie.
It isn't cut!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Movie isn't cut

Post by admin »

Dear snipsnip:
So thank you for your detailed information.

This problem is caused by a bug of the UI dispaly:
After each transcoding, the movie will be reopened, and the start and end points will be reset(previous settings lost), the time stamps for 'NEW START POINT' and 'NEW END POINT' should be reset to zero, but they did not, so the problem arise.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
snipsnip

Re: Movie isn't cut

Post by snipsnip »

admin wrote:After each transcoding, the movie will be reopened, and the start and end points will be reset(previous settings lost), the time stamps for 'NEW START POINT' and 'NEW END POINT' should be reset to zero, but they did not, so the problem arise.
I think it would be better, the movie wouldn't reopen or the old time stamps would get active once more. You can still see the cut area and perhaps correct.
Otherwise can you set after the movie is reopened the 'NEW START POINT' to zero and the 'NEW END POINT' to the length of the video?