A Command Line Interface

Requests and discussion of features for future versions.
famePete

A Command Line Interface

Post by famePete »

...So we can't create scripts for batch processing and automation.
Sideshow Leonard

Re: A Command Line Interface

Post by Sideshow Leonard »

Smart Cutter is incredible! I've been using ffmpeg on Linux, and it's still *really* buggy with .MTS files from my Canon Vixia HF10. ffmpeg (or one of its libs?) is SO buggy with h264-encoded video from my 2 camcorders... UNLESS I completely re-encode the video stream (which is stupid because I lose quality, plus it takes forever).. with ffmpeg, re-encoding 2 hours at vbr, 1080p resolution, 2-pass encoding on my fastest PC (3.2GHz Wolfdale Core 2 Duo, 8GB ram) takes about 24 hours. And that's just to get it to the point where I *start* with smart cutter. With Smart Cutter, I don't have to reencode. Cutting a clip takes mere seconds, and it behaves well with my original camcorder files. It just works! THANK YOU! I'm buying the full version after I post.

That said, I'll put in a +1 for a command line interface.

I would LOVE to be able to do something like this, for example:

cut_and_upload.bat:
smart.portable.exe -i inputfile.mts -s 00:15:32.235 -e 00:18:47.700 -o cut_clip_001.mts
leonard_youtube-upload.exe --email myaddr@gmail.com --password nunya --title "Hard to Handle" -c Music cut_clip_001.mts
admin
Site Admin

Re: A Command Line Interface

Post by admin »

Dear famePete and Sideshow Leonard:
Thanks for your concern.

We do have a CLI(command line interface) version of Smart Cutter, but it is much more expensive than the normal GUI version.
You could query the status and the price of CLI version through email
famering@gmail.com or support@fame-ring.com

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team