Feedback / Featurerequest for current version 1.2.8f

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
CHB

Feedback / Featurerequest for current version 1.2.8f

Post by CHB »

Really a nice program, but there is always room for enhancements:
* Only half of the UI is translated to german, but unfortunately you can't even guess what the texts should really mean. Therefore, please remove the german translation or redo it from scratch.
* Cutting files recorded from e.g. ARTE HD lead to inexact end points. The points were set on the correct frame, but the output does not reflect this
* I can't find a way to select audio streams or the other way round, to delete audio streams (e.g. the mpg streams when ac3 streams are present). I even find a way to show what audio streams are included in the file.
* With some ARTE HD file, the progress of the transcoder shows negative time
* Using the current version of media player classic, the output files of this software run not as smooth as using tsremux. Smooth means in this case, you can not jump into the video (especially at the end) without waiting a very long time. Using tsremux, this is much better. Currently, I have to use tsremux after the cutting to remove the audio streams and to get the stream working with jumps with media player classic.
* I can't switch off the full screen mode. This is quite annoying
* The 'detail scroller' just beneath the monitor is not 'long enough'. I can not set the big scroller exactly enough to find the frame with the detail scroller.
* The help file does not show the current settings dialog. So I have e.g. no idea what the TME mode is.

All the best

CHB
highc

Re: Feedback / Featurerequest for current version 1.2.8f

Post by highc »

If I may add to this: I totally agree that this is a great product. Nevertheless, the previous poster does have some I share as well:
* With some ARTE HD file, the progress of the transcoder shows negative time
I have had this with some Sky HD recordings as well (and I tested a lot of players under Linux and Windows).
* The 'detail scroller' just beneath the monitor is not 'long enough'. I can not set the big scroller exactly enough to find the frame with the detail scroller.
Same here.
* The help file does not show the current settings dialog. So I have e.g. no idea what the TME mode is.
I'd like to understand this as well. Furthermore:
  • In the help file, the "Capture Frame" button is circled and labled with a 1 in the help file, but not explained. What is it for?
  • What is the "Fix Video File" button for, what does this fix?
Again, great program. That's why I bought it.