Crash with HD TS AVC

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
antimix

Crash with HD TS AVC

Post by antimix »

Hello,

I have used for months Smartcutter on TS files recorded by a Satellite recorder box. All was fine.
Since few weeks, suddenly, smartcutter is unable to edit some of the newly recorded files.

This happened with the gradual conversion of the broadcaster channels from SD (standarrd MPG 720x576) to HD (1920x1080).
Now, on HD recordings (often but not on all), Smartcutter crashes just after the file open.
In the past I assumed the record failed, but now I realized that the recording was ok.
I tried to understand what is the cause, but without success.

Here some facts:

- Smartcutter runs on a WINDOWS 7 64 bit
- The TS can be seen on the satellite box recorder with no problem.
- Also Media Player Classic gives the error message "Unable to render the file" on the TS :o
- DA Player is clever, and plays the file, :mrgreen: but at HIGH speed video, loosing the audio sync. :(
- The files seems to be (according to DA) MPEG-TS AVC with profile High@L4.0 - CABAC - with Reframe value of 3 frames, YUV, scantype Interlaced

Other files that in the past smartcutter could handle well, were with profile Main@L4.0 with scantype MBAFF. :roll:

The only way to "process" the recording was to use DVR-Studio HD 2, that was able to open and CUT & TRIM the file.
The resulting saved TS file was well played either by Media Player Classic (that did not play the original!!!) either BA player.
HOWEVER even if the resulting file is well played by the players, Smartcutter CRASH in any case just opening the output file.

I have put a slice of the ORIGINAL TS from the sat box in the FTP area. I hope you will be able to understand what is the matter.

Best Regards

antimix
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash with HD TS AVC

Post by admin »

Dear antimix:
Thanks for your sample file.

We did re-produce the problem on our end. We are still investigating this sample.
We will keep you posted about the progress.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear antimix:
We made some progress about the crash.

May you please try the new version 1.4.7 on your end
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.rar

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
pvc101

Post by pvc101 »

I've had the same problem for a long time.
I found a brute work-around by cutting 10-20 extra frames into the movie on both sides of every commercial break and beginning and end as well.

It has to be noted, that it is not on every channel in my cabel network this problem occurs, but mostly on heavy commercial pushers.

rgds palle (Denmark)