Crashing fixed

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
alxnet

Crashing fixed

Post by alxnet »

Hi all,

I downloaded the trial version of this program hoping it'd be the only program that fits my specific needs of quickly and easily cutting footage from my Sony AVCHD cam without reencoding.

The only problem is it kept crashing when the record button was pressed. I have a Core i7 with an Nvidia GTX 480. I noticed every time it crashed it'd point to "NVOGLV32.DLL".

The solution was easy. I went into the "C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64" directory and renamed (not deleted) the "NVOGLV32.DLL" file. Problem solved. I'm now on my way to buying the full version of this program.

Hope this is of help to those with NVidia cards and crashing issues with this program.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crashing fixed

Post by admin »

Dear alxnet:
Thank you so much for your kind help!
every time it crashed it'd point to "NVOGLV32.DLL" ... I went into the "C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64" directory and renamed (not deleted) the "NVOGLV32.DLL" file. Problem solved. ... Hope this is of help to those with NVidia cards and crashing issues with this program.
Yes! It does help us a lot!
Thanks for you warm hearted sharing.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
CHB

Post by CHB »

Have the same thing happen on my computer (Windows 7 x64). Updated the nvidia driver to 260.99 and I can not cut a single file (mpeg4, mpeg2, ts, m2ts, ...) -> every try leads to a crash (all preview works fine, just the cutting crashes). Tried the rename-trick and smart cutter works again. But this is not a solution, because it's not a good idea to take nvidia part of it's OpenGL libraries.

This problem occures with smart cutter 1.2.8f and 1.3.0
CHB

Post by CHB »

One additional thing: If I rename the file and the cutter (1.3.0) is working, there is another problem: When I hit Exit during a cut I get this error message:

Assertion failed
File: facApi/fixMpeg.c
Line: 885
Expression: 0 >= mMemPacketStream.num_packets
CHB

Post by CHB »

And once again a finding: If I revert to nvidia 258.96, the cutter works again without crashing during the cut (the problem with the exit is still there).

So the step to the current driver is not good for the cutter. :cry: