Output directory and TME

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
coryb

Output directory and TME

Post by coryb »

I have unchecked "Use source folder as destination directory" and put in a path to a folder, but it is still outputting to the source directory. Why is it doing this?

Second, I am confused about what "TME Mode" does. I read a post that said it makes it treat TME generated files specially. Specially in what way? If my files were generated in TME (using HD PVR), does this mean I should use this option? Why do files generated by TME need to be treated differently? In the end, shouldn't it produce a "frame accurrate" file either way? These options need to be fully documented somewhere.
Deanjo

Re: Output directory and TME

Post by Deanjo »

coryb wrote: If my files were generated in TME (using HD PVR), does this mean I should use this option? Why do files generated by TME need to be treated differently? In the end, shouldn't it produce a "frame accurate" file either way? These options need to be fully documented somewhere.
Yes, documenting features should be included when ever there is a new release.
famePete

Post by famePete »

Re "TME mode". (Total Media Extreme compatibility)

Oddly, I was having Handbrake and various other convertors (vReveal, DivX convertor) all fail when converting 720p h.264 AVC+HE-AAC DVB-T .TS files that Smart Cutter had "fixed". (They also failed on the original uncut/unfixed files, which were recorded DVB-T broadcasts from a Hauppauge cards using Media Portal.)

However, after enabling "TME" mode, I'm now able to convert them to MP4s using Handbrake (which actually has nothing to do with TME!) without it failing! :D
Last edited by famePete on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
famePete

Post by famePete »

coryb wrote:I have unchecked "Use source folder as destination directory" and put in a path to a folder, but it is still outputting to the source directory.
I'm also getting this. Annoying, because my destination folder is on another drive (for better speed of processing = read from 1 disk while writing to another). It is also insisting I name the file too, when I just want it to name it the same as the source.