Version 1.4.0 - Cut ts freezes on playback

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
wavelet

Version 1.4.0 - Cut ts freezes on playback

Post by wavelet »

I have come across an issue with ts files edited using v1.4.0. I have uploaded samples to the FTP site under directory 'wavelet'.

test1.ts is the original sample clip. (It is the same sample clip I uploaded back in November 2010 when we were debugging the duplicated GOP issue.)
test1_cut_v1.3.9f.ts is a sample edit (frames 16 to 496) made with SmartCutter v1.3.9f.
test1_cut_v1.4.0.ts is a sample edit (frames 16 to 496) made with SmartCutter v1.4.0.

When trying to play back test1_cut_v1.4.0.ts using Media Player classic (build 1.5.0.2827) and using ffdshow tryouts rev3771 as the directshow video decoder filter, playback freezes at frame 20. There is no such freeze when playing back test1_cut_v1.3.9f.ts.

Media Player classic is using Haali Media Splitter v1.11.96.41 to do the demuxing of the ts stream. I suspect the problem may be more to do with the ts container than the H.264 stream. If I load test1_cut_v1.4.0.ts into tsMuxeR and re-mux into a new ts container, the file does play back, but with a momentary delay around frame 20.

Also, there are blocking artifacts in the final 3 frames of both clips.

Thanks,

wavelet
admin
Site Admin

Re: Version 1.4.0 - Cut ts freezes on playback

Post by admin »

Dear Wavelet:
Thanks for your message.
wavelet wrote:the problem may be more to do with the ts container than the H.264 stream.
Also, there are blocking artifacts in the final 3 frames of both clips.
This looks like a problem related to the muxing process. We will have a thorogh test on it.
We will keep you posted about the progress.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team