Which frame is the best for cutting in/out with smart cutter

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
rikai

Which frame is the best for cutting in/out with smart cutter

Post by rikai »

I have tried all of them and cannot seem to tell if any particular frame or sequence of frames makes a difference so I figured I would ask you guys to see if you can shed some light on the issue. Typically in the work I am doing I am just editing commercials out of HDTV captures from a hauppauge hdpvr. There are sometimes a lot of "black" frames between the program and the commercials and sometimes as few as 2 or 3. I still end up with "rough" transitions sometimes and audio sync issues at other times so I wasn't sure if my choice of frame to cut had anything to do with this. I've tried cutting in/out on I, B, and P frames and like I said, can't really seem to tell if one works better than the other.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Which frame is the best for cutting in/out with smart cutter

Post by admin »

Dear rikai:

The frame type does not matter. The Smart Cutter treats all the frame types equally. So if you have any question about the video stream, why not send a small sample(larger than 5MB) to us for a test. Be sure tell us the time code of your cut points(xx:xx:xx:xxx). Thank you.

contact us with

support@fame-ring.com or famering@gmail.com

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
rikai

Re: Which frame is the best for cutting in/out with smart cutter

Post by rikai »

OK, next time I get one that give me trouble I will package it up and upload it for u to examine. Thanks.