Audio sync problem on linked AVC ts

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
fameuser2010

Audio sync problem on linked AVC ts

Post by fameuser2010 »

After trying out the evaluation version, I purchased the smart "bundle" but am now experiencing audio sync issues from time to time when editing out commercials from an AVC transport stream. I don't know if I have the latest version as there I can't see an "about" or "version" dialogue. I have read in these forums that the "poratable" version is the latest but have also seen that test versions have been made available to others with problems.

In addition to the above, I find that although I can save a project as well as "output points", these files are written without a file suffix and I can't reload them.

I also find that my linked AVC .ts output file is saved with the .mpg suffix for some reason.

It would be useful to know what streams are in the .ts being edited as well as an option to decide which audio/language track is enabled when editing. The possibilty of enabling/disabling streams from the output file would also be useful as, as others have discovered, the file output by FAME has to de-muxed and re-muxed by external
utilities if one wants to "lose" some streams.

I am encouraged by the responsiveness that appears to be happening in this forum and, as a long time user of other products such as TSPE, Videoredo etc. your product looks
very promising if some of these buglets and features are sorted out.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Audio sync problem on linked AVC ts

Post by admin »

Dear fameuser2010:

Thanks for your information.
experiencing audio sync issues from time to time when editing out commercials from an AVC transport stream.
Could you please send us small sample files(larger than 3MB) for a test? If you could, please send us both the source movie and its corresponding cutted movie(a/v out synced). Thank you.
save a project as well as "output points"
If you want to save/load project, please use the menu item 'load project'/'save project'. The 'output points' is not for project, it just outputs all the edit points for post-edit use, it can not be re-loaded as project file.
linked AVC .ts output file is saved with the .mpg suffix
We have noticed this problem. We will improve this recently. In the mean time, if you want a .ts suffix, please give a file name with .ts followed when you are asked, after you press the button 'Record List'.
The possibilty of enabling/disabling streams from the output
This is surely practical in technology. The only reason we did not pose an optlon for this is, we want to keep the modification we did to the video stream as little as we can. If this really bothers you, we'd inform our developers to work on this.

Besides posting here, you can also contact us by
support@fame-ring.com or famering@gmail.com
thank you.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
Battler

Post by Battler »

I've had a similar problem with audio sync that is only evident when the TS stream is converted (say to iPod)

Since recorded HDTV can sometimes drop frames or small sections of the stream I've used VideoReDo to edit commercials from the recorded MPG TS since it can repair the streams when it saves. The repairs are either to drop frames or pad audio.

Since using a Hauppage PVR I've experienced a few dropped portions and points where commercials were edited out SmartCutter.

Playback in the .m2TS format is in Sync becuse of the structure of the TS. Unfortunatly most transcoding programs assume the files streams are fine and simply demux convert and remux ... hence the problem.

My current fix is to run TS files it though eac3to (with Clown_BD as the GUI) which is very quick, before I convert.

It would be nice if future versions had an option to check and repair stream intregrity.

Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, every one.

Today we released a new version 1.2.1a, it includes automatic H.264 stream-fix function while cutting video.
We think it could help to solve the in-sync problem when authorizing Blue Ray disks.

It can be found at
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.rar
Just decompress and run the smart.portable.exe
Please have it a try, and tell us the result.
Thank you.
Battler

Post by Battler »

Thanks for the effort with the latest upgrade (2010.02.04) Ver 1.2.1a.

I've tested it now with 10x .m2ts files generated with a Hauppauge PVR with mixed results.

On newly recorded files which I'm only editing commercial and joining the segments - the results are a lot better. Smart Cutter seems to be doing a better job of trimming the audio and the resultant transcoded ipod files are acceptable.

On edited files which pre-date this version of smartcutter there is no noticable improvement and I have audio sync issues post transcoding. Liklely this indicates the stream repair is occuring only at the point of an edit - ie not rechecking the whole file.

Since original recordings from the PVR sometimes have errors in the streams Smartcutter needs to review and repair the whole stream. If your programmers are worried about save times set this up as an option (which I'll leave on).

Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear Battler:
Thanks for your thorough test on the new version(1.2.1a).
On newly recorded files ... a lot better
On edited files which pre-date this version ... no noticable improvement
the stream repair is occuring only at the point of an edit - ie not rechecking the whole file
Yes it is. The current stream-fix function only checks and repairs the synchronization around editing points.
needs to review and repair the whole stream. If your programmers are worried about save times set this up as an option (which I'll leave on).
The developers actually are preparing for a stand-alone version to check and repair the whole stream, we will have you posted as soon as we get it.

Please feel free to send us your further question and advice.
Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
alex867

Post by alex867 »

hi
I just use v1.2.2a to cut SONY XR520 avc video
I got the same audio sync problem....