Smart Cutter - Unplayable files, crashes

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
lh17

Smart Cutter - Unplayable files, crashes

Post by lh17 »

As I first (in January) tested your Smart Cutter, I was really delighted with the speed and intuitive operation of this software. I checked first the results with the KMPlayer in my computer and as all was OK, I purchased the full version. Some weeks later I tried to play these cutted files with an one of my Media Players (eGreat - similar to Popcorn Hour A110) and no one from more as 10 files were possible to play without "stuttering" (like by WD TV described by Frasier below) or totaly still picture - only audio is playing OK. Original files are recordings from Vantage HD8000 receiver, merged and transformed into .ts streams by H264TS_Cutter Tools or TS Remux. In the past I made the cuts with H264TS_Cutter also (not frame accurate), without any problems by all my players. Recordings were made from several HD TV stations (german ARD, ZDF, Arte, Anixe, ARD Festival, czech CT1 and Nova), 720p or 1080i.
Then I tested all files with my HD players - DVICO TViX HD M 4100SH (Sigma Design EM 8623), eGreat EG-M34A (Sigma Design SMP 8635), Popcorn Hour C200 (Sigma Design SMP 8643) and also with borrowed ASUS O'Play (Realtec RTD 1073).
Only ASUS O'Play was able play all the files without any problems, Popcorn Hour C200 most of them (but not all), eGreat M34A and TViX 4100SH nor of them. Files cutted with H264TS_Cutter are OK on all players.
Two days ago i received an e-mail from you presenting new version of Smart Cutter, so I downloaded and installed this one (maybe ver. 1.2.1 - not possible to find any version-info inside of your software (!!!), downloaded file says ver. 1.0) - a disaster!!! I was not able to cut any file more - after encoding both gops on cut-points, Smart Cutter crashes with an error message. In the Smart Cutter directory stays not deleted files (1st.gop.ts, end.part.ts and some .lst files). With the portable version cut can be made, but with the same problems by hardware players as before. Is any diference between these two versions (installable / portable) - the files smart.exe and smart.portable.exe seems to be identical (same size, same timestamp)?
But other problems are also comming with the new version (in both - installable or portable) - after quick move with the big slider, software also crashes with error message. Not with all files, but with most I checked. It was also not possible to load a great file from czech CT1 (over 20GB) - end with error message during just after loading the file.
It's your "Smart Seek" responsible for it?
Now I installed the old version (dated 20.12.2009) and all is working again (also the "big" file from CT1), but cuttet files of course are not playable on all players.

As the eGreat M34A is the player used mostly in our family, by our relatives and friends, it's impossible for me to use your software now. Hopefuly you will be able to repair it in the future, but you should now put a warning on your side, that the cuttet files are not playable on all hardware players and customers should test it imediately, before they delete the original files. I am happy, that I preserved most (not all) of my original files, so that I was able cut it with H264TS_Cutter again. Sorry, that I paid already for this unfinished and for me unusable software!

I am looking forward for any news about possible improvements.
Best regards - lh17
admin
Site Admin

Re: Smart Cutter - Unplayable files, crashes

Post by admin »

Dear lh17:
Thank you so much for the detailed information you offered.
not possible to load a great file from czech CT1 (over 20GB)
Could you please cut off a small piece of this movie and sent it to us as a sample? Our email address
support@fame-ring.com or famering@gmail.com
It's your "Smart Seek" responsible for it?
Smart Seek takes heavy optimization using special CPU instruction sets, so could you please tell us the hardware configuration and your Operating System?
Thank you.

Beside posting here, you can also send us emails.
Looking forward to you further message.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
lh17

Re: Smart Cutter - Unplayable files, crashes

Post by lh17 »

Hallo FameRing Support Team,
thank's for quick reply. I will prepare a few files, upload them to Rapidshare.com (hope, it will be OK for you) and send the links to you via e-mail. I could also send some error-message logs, if it would be helpfulll for you.
With best regards
lh17