Stream Repair (Smart Cutter)

Requests and discussion of features for future versions.
Battler

Stream Repair (Smart Cutter)

Post by Battler »

I've had problems with audio sync that is only evident when the TS stream is converted (say to iPod)

Since recorded HDTV can sometimes drop frames or small sections of the stream I've used VideoReDo to edit commercials from the recorded MPG TS since it can repair the streams when it saves. The repairs are either to drop frames or pad audio.

Since using a Hauppage PVR to record from Cable I've experienced a few dropped portions and points where commercials were edited out SmartCutter.

Playback in the .m2TS format is in Sync becuse of the structure of the TS. Unfortunatly most transcoding programs assume the files streams are fine and simply demux convert and remux ... hence the problem.

My current fix is to run TS files it though eac3to (with Clown_BD as the GUI) which is very quick, before I convert.

It would be nice if future versions had an option to check and repair stream intregrity.

Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Re: Stream Repair (Smart Cutter)

Post by admin »

Dear Battler:
It would be nice if future versions had an option to check and repair stream intregrity.
Great idea!
Actually our developers have been working on such kind of functions for days.
We hope we can release it in a new version soon.

Thanks for your nice advice.
Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
admin
Site Admin

Re: Stream Repair (Smart Cutter)

Post by admin »

Dear Battler:

Today we released a new version 1.2.1a, it includes automatic H.264 stream-fix function while cutting video.
We think it could help to solve the in-sync problem when authorizing Blue Ray disks.

It can be found at
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.rar
Just decompress and run the smart.portable.exe
Please have it a try, and tell us the result.
Thank you.