Smart Cutter no longer works at all

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
jsganz

Smart Cutter no longer works at all

Post by jsganz »

It started giving me problems last week. Now it's totally disfuctional. This is with Windows 7. I've been using the portable version for a few
months without a problem. What happens now is, I select the new start point and new end point. As soon as I try to transcode (either with the red button
or adding to the list), the screen turns a light white color (even though you can still see the smart cutter on the screen) and the program just stops.
The window pops up saying "smart cutter has stopped working". I downloaded the latest portable version yesterday and it makes no difference.
Any idea what might be happening here? It was working great until recently but now it's completely useless.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Smart Cutter no longer works at all

Post by admin »

Dear jsganz:
Glad to hear from you again.
It started giving me problems last week.
Do you remember what happened to the computer last week? Did you change your operating system from an old one to Window 7?
I've been using the portable version for a few months without a problem.
So you were using the same version for the past months? Isn't it?

How about trying Smart Cutter on a movie previouly processed okay. May be you are using new video format?

Looking forward to your further message. Thank you.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
jsganz

Post by jsganz »

I sure appreciate your lightning fast replies!
1. No changes to the computer at all. It was bought new in November with Windows 7 on it.
2. I had been using a version downloaded a few weeks ago. I downloaded it again yesterday in an attempt to remedy the problem.
with no success.
3. When transcoding a previously OK TS file, it seems to work alright...although I notice the "preview" moves in really slow motion
and there's now delay before the transcoding begins....but it does eventually work. The video format is exactly the same
on both new and older file.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear jsganz:
Thanks for your information.
When transcoding a previously OK TS file, it seems to work alright ... The video format is exactly the same on both new and older file.
Although the video format has no obvious change, there may be some difference between the old and new ones.

So we need you help. Could you please send us a new sample(larger than 3MB) for a test?
Before that, please confirm that, the new sample does halt the Smart Cutter, while the old one does not.

Our email address
support@fame-ring.com famering@gmail.com

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
jsganz

Post by jsganz »

Yes, I thought that would be the best way as well. The only thing is that I can't split off a small file section
from a known problem TS file. I'll have to record a very small file from the Hauppauge tuner and will make sure
there's a problem with it before I email it to you. I'll be back it touch soon.
jsganz

Post by jsganz »

OK....problem file has been sent to your gmail.com email address.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear jsganz:

A new version 1.2.0 was released. It can be downloaded through

http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.rar

Please have it a try and tell us the result.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
jsganz

Post by jsganz »

As I mentioned to you in my email....all is well now. The new version is perfect!
To all other forum members, I highly recommend downloading this newest 1.2.0 to avoid
possible problems in the future. The support team over at fame-ring is the absolute best
I've ever dealt with. Incredible service from these guys!