Windows 7 Compatibility?

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
larryasilva

Windows 7 Compatibility?

Post by larryasilva »

I have a new Dell Studio XPS with the new 720i mobile processor and 6 gigs of memory. I downloaded both the trial and "portable" versions. On start, I get a message that the program must operate in the Windows 7 basic display mode. I can get it to open and play .m2ts files made with a Hauppauge 1212. The program crashes after I set a start point and move around a few frames with the forward and back buttons. I get a message and tried Windows XP and Vista compatibility modes and get the same results. When I went online for a solution, Microsoft reports that the program is incompatible with Windows 7. Is this just because I am trying to get the trial versions to work? Get this thing working for me and I will buy it !
admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7 Compatibility?

Post by admin »

Dear larryasilva:
Thanks for your concern.
Could you please send us a small sample(larger than 3MB) of your movies?
So we can have it a test on Win7 to find the reason of crash. Thank you.
Our email address
support@fame-ring.com or famering@gmail.com
Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
larryasilva

Post by larryasilva »

Thank you for your quick response. Via gmail, (from LarryASilva@gmail.com), I sent two sample m2ts files. One is about 14 seconds 1080i at a 5meg constant rate and the second is the same source material 25 seconds 5meg variable rate. Both files use stereo AC3. If you would like me to send any other samples I would be happy to work with you as I think your program is unique and appears to be just what I and a lot of other Hauppauge 1212 PVR users have been looking for.
rgracie

Post by rgracie »

I too get the "Windows 7 basic display mode." change issue. I don't get the crashes though.. Windows 7 32 Bit

WBR
Robert