Demo version creates "partially corrupted" MTS files

General information about FameRing products, including installation, requirements, license, etc.
FNW

Demo version creates "partially corrupted" MTS files

Post by FNW »

Hello FameRing support-team,

today, I gave your great AVCHD editor "Smart Cutter for DV and DVB" a try and was fascinated by the ease and well-working functions of the demo version. Calling a Canon Vixia HF-11 my own, I fed some of the camcorder's MTS files to your application and performed some test cuts on I-, P- and B-frames. Although saving worked like a charm and always only re-encoded the initial GOP, there was a strange problem with the exported MTS file: While the original (uncut, directly imported from the camcorder) MTS files all play perfectly in my favorite multimedia player Media Player Classic Home Cinema, the edited ones are treated as a simple audio clip containing only the AC-3 audio track. Although other media players and H.264 editing tools can play / procress the edited file correctly, I still wonder why Media Player Classic Home Cinema just has problem with it. So there must be a slight difference between the original file and the one processed by your AVCHD editor (e.g. different header, missing video info in PMT).
I would love to use your tool for editing my recordings, but this issue just makes me a little uncertain about the compatibility of the generated file with future media player software.
Probably, this particular problem is only present in the demo version as this one always re-rencodes the first GOP to add the watermark. But it would be great if a software engineer could take a look at it as I think it's not a big problem. Naturally, I can provide you a set of test files (originals and edited ones) to allow effective investigation of the issue.
If this problem is solved - or stated nonexistent in the registered version - I will definately buy a copy of the tool as it is very powerful and offers all functions I need while being very easy to use !

Thank you very much for any help already in advance

FNW
admin
Site Admin

Re: Demo version creates "partially corrupted" MTS files

Post by admin »

Hi, the Media Player Classic Home Cinema is a nice player. It is DirectShow based. So the underlying DircetShow filters is the real important thing. When you play a movie, you can see in the menu Play->Filter, which video filter it is using to play movie, usually it could be CyberLink H264/AVC Decoder, or MainConcept H264/AVC Video Decoder, or CoreAVC Video Decoder. There is also filter for audio there.

Could you please tell us which video filter and audio filter you are using? Furthermore, could you please send us some sample clips for test? (each one of them should be larger than 3MB).

Please contact our support team with support@fame-ring.com

We think this problem could be solved soon.