Sony Picture Motion Browser issue after trimming

General information about FameRing products, including installation, requirements, license, etc.
mmm

Sony Picture Motion Browser issue after trimming

Post by mmm »

Hi,

I am encountering this issue - I have AVCHD-lite movies, and after trimming them in Smart Cutter 1.3.6 they are unscrollable in Sony Picture Motion Browser (my favourite player because of great movie indexing).
The issue is that when you start to scroll the movie, the picture freezes on the frame where you started scrolling, and only sound scrolls (pausing doesn't help nor anything). You need to restart playback.
Those trimmed movies play o.k. in Media Player and in Splash Lite, but not in Sony PMB.

Maybe there's something little which could be done in order to solve it? Maybe some header misinformation or sth? I play a lot of content in Sony PMB with no issues at all.
I could post some samples, but do you have a software to test it? (Sony PMB is included with all modern Sony Camcorders).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sony Picture Motion Browser issue after trimming

Post by admin »

Dear mmm:
Thanks for your posting.
unscrollable in Sony Picture Motion Browser
What's the version of your PMB? We only have 2.0.05. Maybe that's too old.

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
mmm

Post by mmm »

admin wrote:What's the version of your PMB? We only have 2.0.05. Maybe that's too old.
My version is 5.2.00.03250
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear mmm:
mmm wrote:My version is 5.2.00.03250
We've gotten this version now.
But the intial installation of the PMB does not support AVCHD playback, so how did you get it working?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
mmm

Post by mmm »

It surely supports AVCHD because it's bundled with HD camcorders. It also does according to this table:
http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www ... atrix.html
The file I am working with is from Panasonic Lumix LX-3 (AVCHD Lite as I mentioned before), I don't see an issue with other formats I have.
I've sent you PM with links to download my samples and the very same version of PMB.
Please let me remind, that the original file doesn't have an issue, only trimmed one.
I'd like to ask another question by the way: Is it possible to preserve original creation dates?

mmm.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear mmm:
I've sent you PM with links to download my samples and the very same version of PMB.
We've downloaded the 'version' as your PM said.
But the this 'version' is not an installation package, it is just a runtime image of the program, it can not run on our computer without installation.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team