Smart Cutter crashing consistently.

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
Volofrog

Smart Cutter crashing consistently.

Post by Volofrog »

I have recently installed Smart Cutter on a laptop that is running Windows 7. The install went properly and I was able to edit two videos and complete the processes. Everything worked as I had come to expect.

The next movie that I edited seemed to edit properly, but once I tried to get the changes transcribed, the software crashed. The software has not worked properly since.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall with no success. I tried the software on a different laptop running windows 10, but it crashes on that computer also.

When the software crashed, it simply says that it stopped working. No other error codes or explanations. I see on the forum that crashing seems to be a consistent issue. What can I do to resolve this problem?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Smart Cutter crashing consistently.

Post by admin »

Dear Volofrog:
Thanks for your message.

Please follow below steps, see whether this helps.
1.download the most updated portable version of Smart Cutter.
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.rar
2.decompress it to a directory, say C:\FameRing, but not C:\Program Files this time.
in the directory, run the smart.exe;

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
Volofrog

Post by Volofrog »

:( I downloaded the rar file and extracted in new location and ran program. Tried to run the program to run a .pri file. Crashed immediately. No explanation other than "Smart Cutter stopped working."
Volofrog

Post by Volofrog »

Is there a file size limit for smart cutter? Asked another way, how large of a video file can I edit? Does Smart Cutter embed cookies or some other operational information that would prevent a fresh install from working? When the software works, it is awesome. But software that crashes repeatedly with no explanation worthless. I have reloaded the latest and greatest but see no improvement. Please help!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear Volofrog:
Thanks for your message.

'Tried to run the program to run a .pri file. Crashed immediately.'
How about try it on a whole new video file instead of a .prj file?

'Is there a file size limit for smart cutter? Asked another way, how large of a video file can I edit?'
No file size limit. Smart Cutter used to run on large files over 16 GB.

'Does Smart Cutter embed cookies or some other operational information that would prevent a fresh install from working?'
No, absolutely not.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
bwfan

Post by bwfan »

I have a similar Problem. I use smartcutter still for a longer time and everything worked fine - as long as my files were *mpg-Files. Now i have a new computer and i have tried to cut *.mp4-files. SmartCutter stops at nearly every attempt and i receive an error-message (by Windows): SmartCutter does no more work corectly and ist closed... This happens when i spool the video for- or backwards by several clicks to the "fast forward" or "fast back"-button, or if i try to cut off a very short part at the end of the video (about 1 min or less). mpg-files continue to make no problems, but i dont wont to convert my HD-videos to SD.
Any workarounds or should the mp4-files meet certain parameters to be handeled by smart cutter?
Greetings