Smart cutter cannot open mpg file

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
vinsi2

Smart cutter cannot open mpg file

Post by vinsi2 »

Hello.

I have been unable to open / edit .mpg files that are recorded with the built in video camera in a Zeiss operating microscope for eye surgery.
I have uploaded a sample file: "sample-01.mpg" to a directory named "vinsi2" in the root dircetory.
Can you please have a look at the sample and give me a solution or advice ?

best regards
"vinsi2"

admin
Site Admin

Re: Smart cutter cannot open mpg file

Post by admin »

Dear vinsi2:
Thanks for your message and the sample file.

'unable to open / edit .mpg files that are recorded with the built in video camera in a Zeiss operating microscope'
We did re-produce the problem on our end.
It turns out, the sample .mpg file contains H.264/AVCHD video instead of MPEG2 video, which is very rare. Normally, H.264/AVCHD video only happens in .ts or .mp4 file, while .mpg file only contains MPEG2 video.
So we assume that you are using a pretty old recording device, is it? Could you please tune the recording setting to output .ts or .mp4 file instead?
On the other hand, our developers will try on our end for other possible solution.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
vinsi2

Re: Smart cutter cannot open mpg file

Post by vinsi2 »

Thank you for your prompt answer
The microscope is about 4 years old and has a built in camera for photography and video recording. There is a USB port where you plug in a USB stick and then press a button on the handle to start recording and you get files like the one I uploaded. Below is a link to the relevant Zeiss website, however I have not found more specific information about the video camera in the online material. Next time I use the microscope I shall try to find out more in the extensive documentation that came with the instrument.
Best regards
"vinsi2"

https://www.zeiss.com/meditec/int/produ ... a-700.html