Are you EVER going to fix the extremely frequent crashes?

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
DogCow7

Are you EVER going to fix the extremely frequent crashes?

Post by DogCow7 »

Under Windows 7 32 & 64-bit as well as Windows 10 32 & 64-bit, Smart Cutter v1.94 crashes 75% of the time!! And if you do something like move back and ahead again while looking for the right place for a cut it crashes 95% of the time!!

This is THE most "fragile", crash-loving piece of software I've ever owned! And it doesn't matter which of my computers I run it on, or what files I try to cut (though since longer files usually need more cutting, longer files will cause Smart Cutter to crash more often as a result).

So I ask again: Are you EVER going to fix the extremely frequent crashes? Ever?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Are you EVER going to fix the extremely frequent crashes

Post by admin »

Dear DogCow7:
Thanks for your message.

Since your previous message, we've tried dozens of times on some very large MP4 files, but did not re-produce the problem on our end.

So could you please tell us the video source of your MP4 files, or if you could provide us some video samples that will be even better.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
IsaiahRas

Post by IsaiahRas »

Was this ever fixed, if it was even real in the first place? I'm thinking of getting this software and this is kind of concerning.
DogCow7

Post by DogCow7 »

IsaiahRas wrote:Was this ever fixed, if it was even real in the first place? I'm thinking of getting this software and this is kind of concerning.
I promise you, this is an extremely real and extremely severe problem! They asked me to send them example files, but I only try to use this app on large files (where this app essentially always fails and crashes), and there's no way I can attach such large files for uploading.

The only time this app doesn't crash when processing large files is if you, the user, does everything EXACTLY PERFECT and NEVER tries to correct a mistake. For example, if you forward a bit past where you wanted to either start or end a segment, and then you back up a bit to the correct location or otherwise adjust the start or stop position, this app WILL crash after you start the batch process. If you are sufficiently godlike such that you never make a mistake and never adjust the start/stop positions, then there's a reasonably good chance this app will work.

Otherwise, do NOT buy this thing! They haven't even tried to fix it, as demonstrated by the fact that there have been no updates in quite a long time.

Caveat emptor!