crashing every time, no progress over the last two years (!)

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
VGER

crashing every time, no progress over the last two years (!)

Post by VGER »

Hello,

I just tried to run v1.9.3 again on a completly new system. As expected, it crashed again right away.

How much more time do you intend to let pass before _finally_ working this critical bug? It's been TWO YEARS already!!!

Regards
Beechwoods

Re: crashing every time, no progress over the last two years

Post by Beechwoods »

Agreed, and they're still charging for a product that they know is broken for the last 3 or 4 OSX releases.
Misoko

Post by Misoko »

+1. A shame for every macuser. I'm still on Yosemite because there you have a 70 percent chance for the program to work. Every few weeks the admin says that they are working on it, and soon there will be a solution. Does anybody know another program for mac? I think not. :|
Misoko

Post by Misoko »

Also here, no reaction from the developers. I tried it to run in VM, crossover and Parallels. No chance to get the program working. I need this program but I also need a new MacOS.....
Misoko

Post by Misoko »

Still waiting.......
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Still working.......

:(
VGER

Post by VGER »

Hi,

In the interim, I found a simple workaround for the persistent crashes:

In "Options", uncheck "Stream Fix".

No more crashes.

Thanks for nothing, support! In two years (!!!) you weren't able to produce a hint as blatantly simple as that? You haven't worked the bug AT ALL, isn't that correct? :-((

Regards
Misoko

Post by Misoko »

I'm sorry, but that is not true for me. "Stream fix" is checked out the whole time.
I changed to TS Doctor, it needs a little bit more time, but it's much better to handle for enigma2 setup boxes. Also you can use the enigma2.cuts file. Really a nice program. But it needs "crossover" or parallels to work, because it's a windows only program. But it works like a charm in the box:). I also tried to check the windows version of smart cutter. It produces a crash EVERY time you want to open a file.
VGER

Post by VGER »

I'm using TS-Doctor, too, but it isn't frame-accurate when cutting. That's what I need SmartCutter for in the first place: I first pipe the video through TSD to fix errors and remove superfluous tracks, as well as doing a "coarse cut". After that, I'm using SmartCutter to perform the final, frame-exact cut.

Also, please keep in mind that in this thread I'm not talking about the Mac version of SmartCutter. My quarrels are (and have been for over two years) with the Windows version only. It would probably be better not to confuse two seperate issues here.

Regards
Tukan42

Post by Tukan42 »

Hi,
I just bought the product for cutting out ads from .ts files recorded with a linux cable box. While this worked very well with SD Videos, I now recognise your product permanently crashing when cutting "large" HD files. I definitely have 2 examples where 1.9.3 running under OSX 10.12 crashes every single time when hitting "start transcoding".....maybe I should have joined the forum before buying but I was impressed with the speed and simplicity of the program. Basically it could be just the thing for me if it worked.....
The examples are large though - 5.6 GB at least. I'll upload this to anywhere you wish if it helps.

That "Stream Fix" thing did not solve it for me.

Regards