Smart Cutter 1.9.3 crashing on transcoding on 24 core system

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
oliver_unrath

Smart Cutter 1.9.3 crashing on transcoding on 24 core system

Post by oliver_unrath »

Hallo, I'm using Smart Cutter now since 4 years. This year I've bought a new Computer with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2620 v3 CPUs 64GB RAM and Windows 7 Ultimate.
The task-manager shows 24 cores. When I start a batch The system crashes on transcoding the videos.
It seams to be independent of the video I'm using for transcoding. First I tried to use the compatiblity mode for windows xp sp3 but the system crashed nevertheless.
Then I used the task-manager on smart.exe with a right click of the process to set the affinity to use only 8 cores. The the batch transcodes all videos.
I repeated this with only 16 cores and it worked again. Only when there are more the 16 cores assigned to smart.exe it crashes.
I hope it is possible to fix this because I always have to use the task-manager to limit the smart.exe process to use only 16 cores.

Thank you

Oliver Unrath
admin
Site Admin

Re: Smart Cutter 1.9.3 crashing on transcoding on 24 core sy

Post by admin »

Dear oliver_unrath:
Thanks for your message.

'When I start a batch The system crashes on transcoding the videos ... when there are more the 16 cores assigned to smart.exe it crashes.'

Looks like related to the multi-thread transcoding.

Could you please tell us the video format of your movies? Is it H.264 or MPEG2? Is it in a TS/MTS/M2TS or MP4/MOV file?

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
oliver_unrath

Re: Smart Cutter 1.9.3 crashing on transcoding on 24 core sy

Post by oliver_unrath »

Hallo, I'm using H.264 video streams in a .ts container with typically 2 or 3 audio streams AC3.
These files are recorded with DVBViewer from the German TV.

Best Regards,

Oliver Unrath