Smart Cutter 1.9.3 crashing on transcoding

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
pwust

Smart Cutter 1.9.3 crashing on transcoding

Post by pwust »

Hi,
I am using the licensed version of Smart Cutter for DV and DVB v1.9.3 portable for tons of recorded DVB files (.TS file type) - a really great tool! Thank you for bringing it into the world!

Now I experience with one particular recorded stream a crash at the same position within the source file every time I try.

Windows 8.1 64bit
recorded files coming from a Terratec Cinergy USB card with DVBlink software installed.

After having set all cutting marks, I click on the "record" button to start transcoding, and after some time within the process, Windows reports a popup window
smart.exe
smart.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.
(Close program)
The partial result file always has the same size of 1.561.747.404 bytes for the big version, and 84.172.800 bytes for the small version.

I have uploaded all relevant files to your FTP (/pwust) for your reference:
the files are:

Code: Select all

"Kevin - Allein zu Haus (1990).ts"        - The source video file (split into slices of 50MB)

"big_Kevin - Allein zu Haus (1990).prj"   - The project file where I first had the crash
"2016-02-24_09-29-50_big-prj.png"         - screenshot of crash with big project file

"small_Kevin - Allein zu Haus (1990).prj" - Project file narrowed down the problem part to 10 minutes
"2016-02-24_10-09-03_small-prj.png"       - screenshot of crash with small project file

"eventlog-crashes.evtx"                   - windows event log items of the various crashes
The Event log of Windows shows:
Faulting application name: smart.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55f68c43
Faulting module name: smart.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55f68c43
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001ed0ce
Faulting process ID: 0x((differs))
Faulting application start time: 0x((differs))
Faulting application path: C:\private\movies\smart.cutter\smart.exe
Faulting module path: C:\private\movies\smart.cutter\smart.exe
Report ID: ((differs))
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

If I open the source .TS file in Smart Cutter and play the 10-minute-range in the program, all just works fine.

Any idea of what is going wrong, or how to fix it, or if there is a workaround to correctly transcode the stream??

Thanks for your help,
Patric
admin
Site Admin

Re: Smart Cutter 1.9.3 crashing on transcoding

Post by admin »

Dear pwust:
Thanks for your message and the sample files.

We will let our developers check the sample files to see what is happening.

'recorded files coming from a Terratec Cinergy USB card with DVBlink software'
Do you mean that other recorded files from this very same source do not show this problem? While only this particular file does?

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
pwust

Post by pwust »

Hi admin,

yes, this is the only file where I have problems. I have had other files recorded before and after from the same hardware source, all having no issues at all.

So my guess is that this particular .TS file must have some kind of hiccup within the stream, that causes Smart Cutter to crash in the transcoding process.

Best regards,
Patric
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear pwust:
Thanks for your message.

'some kind of hiccup within the stream'
Our developers examined the sample file, found many, maybe we'd say too many errors in this TS file. Mostly time code errors, especially PCR faults, and bad audio frames. This may came from some kind of recording faults.
Maybe you could repair this file by some free tools, such as tsMuxer, then cut it in Smart Cutter again.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team