VC-1 When ????

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
dellsam34

VC-1 When ????

Post by dellsam34 »

I'm wondering when are you guys going to implement VC-1 codec support, TSPE did a good job on that except the license cost $200, I'm using the trial period before it expires but after that I will be in the dark, I have some HD-DVD's that I'm ripping to my hard drive and converting to Blu-ray using Clown BD, trying to make them family compliant by removing all the perverts scenes, I will be willing to pay extra fees for your software if it supports VC-1. Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: VC-1 When ????

Post by admin »

Dear dellsam34:
Thanks for your message.

'when are you guys going to implement VC-1 codec support'
Yes it is technically practical.
The only reason we did not include it in Smart Cutter is : compared to H.264, there are few people who are using VC-1 format.
Do you have more VC-1 video files than H.264 video files?

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
dellsam34

Post by dellsam34 »

admin wrote: Do you have more VC-1 video files than H.264 video files?
If you can implement VC-1 it will get people's interest to keep your business and keep the competitors behind, people pay for the software that has the most features regardless if they need them down the road or not.
dellsam34

Post by dellsam34 »

I have a large collection of HD-DVD's and so does a lot of people coded in VC-1 and would like to see this feature in the next release.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear dellsam34:
Thanks for your message.

'I have a large collection of HD-DVD's and so does a lot of people coded in VC-1 and would like to see this feature in the next release.'
We already support Frame Accurate cut on H.264 and MPEG2 video, we also want to do this for VC-1, but that will cost much time and resource.
How about a GOP accurate cut on VC-1 format? That will be much easier to implement and save much time of our developers. What do you think about this?

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
dellsam34

Post by dellsam34 »

GOP accurate will have lip sync problems and for precise cuts it won't work, you can make a stand alone VC-1 frame accurate software if the implementation in the actual software is problematic and offer it for an extra charge, The only company that have a software with VC-1 frame accurate AFAIK is BitStream Tools and they are charging $200 for it:
http://www.bitstreamtools.com/download/index.php