Missing sound

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
plasmannc

Missing sound

Post by plasmannc »

Recently dl'd version 1.9.2f of smart cutter to try it out. Used an mp4 file of know quality to evaluate. The video has 7 distinct scenes, and these determined my cut points. Audio is present throughout the entire clip when played within smart cutter.

I cut the sample into 7 unique sections of varied length. Five of them (2,3,4,6,7) are fine and contain both audio and video. The other two segments (scenes1 and 5) however have no audio present but are fine on video. All play well using VLC or other players but scenes 1 and 5 have no sound.

If I reload each segment into smart cutter to check them, the ones with audio show audio present in the clip info box. The info box says no audio present for the other two clips.

I have tried several approaches to cutting.I used batch mode after selecting my segments and created all 7 clips at once. I also tried creating each clip one at a time. Got the same result with the same segments. Scenes 1 and 5 no audio.

Looking for thoughts

Thanks in advance
admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing sound

Post by admin »

Dear plasmannc:
Thanks for your message.

'Scenes 1 and 5 no audio.'
Are the two scenes no audio very short compared to other scenes with audio?

If not:

Could you please upload a original video sample showing the problem to our ftp server for a test?

It would be better if the sample file size is less than 50 MB.

-------------------------------------
before uploading sample, please create sub-directory with your name under the root, then upload sample to this sub-directory.

FULL priviliged --- mkdir, read, write, remove
Will be helpful to limit the sample file size under 50MB.
Thank you.

FTP Username: samples@fame-ring.com
Password: samples
FTP Server: ftp.fame-ring.com
FTP Server Port: 21
-------------------------------------
Here is also a step by step tutorial for uploading sample(s):
http://www.fame-ring.com/uphelp.html

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
plasmannc

Re: Missing sound

Post by plasmannc »

Thanks for you quick reply. Prior to reading it I did several experiments that I would like too bring to your attention.

The original mp4 was over 130 minutes long.

The first scene referenced in my first post is 19+ minutes long.This scene has no sound when cut and played.

What I have found is that any cut between 16"59" and 27"59" in length has no sound. The same section of video cut shorter than the 16'59" or longer than 28' have the sound present. It does not matter where the cut begins in the video the results are the same.

For example scene one cut to 16min played fine with audio present. Scenes 2 & 3 combined to make a 20min long clip had no sound

I suspect the problem is related to my original file. Tried another mp4 file without issue.

Just wanted to pass it along. Any questions feel free to ask.