No result file

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
harleymac

No result file

Post by harleymac »

Hi,

I am using V 1.9.1 since its release in Win 7 64bit to cut ts-files and it was working to my complete satisfaction.
Now it happens that Smart Cutter after setting the cuts and hitting the red button seems to work normally, but after showing "transconding completed" there is no result file.

Do you have a clue what is wrong and how I can solve the problem ?

Best regards
Marcus
admin
Site Admin

Re: No result file

Post by admin »

Dear harleymac:
Thanks for your message.

'it was working to my complete satisfaction ... Now ... there is no result file'
Do you remember what kind of change you made to the program setting?

Please download our portable version and try it on your end with all settings default
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.rar

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
harleymac

Post by harleymac »

Dear Support Team,

thanks for you answer.
I installed to portable version as recommended, but the problem remain.
It seems this is depending on different types of errors in the ts-file. Most of my recorded files are running in Smart Cutter, but there are some which lead repeatable to 3 different problems :
- no result file generated
or
- file cannot be opened with Ctrl + O (no reaction of the program)
or
- program freezes always at the same frame in the ts-file.

In the 3rd case I tried to use "fix video file" but the generated fixed ts-file remains defective.

Best regards
harleymac
dellsam34

Post by dellsam34 »

harleymac wrote:Hi,

I am using V 1.9.1 since its release in Win 7 64bit to cut ts-files and it was working to my complete satisfaction.
Now it happens that Smart Cutter after setting the cuts and hitting the red button seems to work normally, but after showing "transconding completed" there is no result file.

Best regards
Marcus
This happens to me when I select a file from an optical drive or a virtual disc image, even though I select the destination file but the program defaults to the original file destination folder and writes nothing because it cannot write to a drive, the support team needs to fix this, I understand the copy protection must not be defeated for commercial discs but at least it should come up with an error message rather than going with the whole process of transcoding and comes up with nothing.
dellsam34

Post by dellsam34 »

harleymac wrote:Hi,

Best regards
Marcus
I think I found the solution for this problem, check the thread bellow and try it for yourself:
http://www.fame-ring.com/forum/viewtopi ... 625#p12625