"NEW END POINT" occasionally FAILS!

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
DogCow7

"NEW END POINT" occasionally FAILS!

Post by DogCow7 »

Hello! I'm using Smart Cutter v1.8.8 under 64-bit Windows 7 SP1, on a very fast desktop computer with lots of RAM.

Here's my issue: I'm very frustrated by the fact that on some occasions, after selecting a new start point, the "NEW END POINT" button utterly ignores me!

Normally when you press "NEW END POINT", the frame you've selected is shown in the lower right-hand display area, replacing the color bars image. But several times now, that does NOT happen. The lower right-hand display area continues to display the color bars instead of the selected end frame!

Even when I exit Smart Cutter and try again, the exact same thing happens. The only thing I can think of that's different is that this time I'm using a project file, because I want a guarantee that I'm not going to lose the 50 or so edit points I need for this mpeg-2 video file (the last time I tried it with this file without a project file, the transcoding operation failed with a "Smart Cutter has stopped working" error message).

What's going on? Is there a minimum number of frames between the start and end points? The shortest distance I've tried with this is about 15 frames.

Please help!
admin
Site Admin

Re: "NEW END POINT" occasionally FAILS!

Post by admin »

Dear DogCow7:
Thanks for your message.

'Is there a minimum number of frames between the start and end points? The shortest distance I've tried with this is about 15 frames.'
Yes it is. The minimum distance between the start and end points is 2 seconds. It is a must to ensure a/v sync.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team