Select distinct audio streams for export

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
IamHri

Select distinct audio streams for export

Post by IamHri »

Hello,
I want to make for private use a demo disc with different DTS-HD signals out of selected parts of my lots of blue-rays.
In almost all cases I am able to cut audio + video out of the interested sections with all included audio streams.
But in some parts of Battleship I only get one audio-stream out of 8, despite of the selected audio-stream in the preview.

My question: is it possible to select distinct audio-streams without cutting all to avoid problems with non-standard audio blu-rays.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Select distinct audio streams for export

Post by admin »

Dear IamHri:
Thanks for your message and the sample file.

'in some parts of Battleship I only get one audio-stream out of 8, despite of the selected audio-stream in the preview. '
Are you sure about this?
Although Smart Cutter only takes one audio stream for playback, but it takes and cut all audio streams into final result file.
If you are working on a TS/MTS/M2TS file, you can change audio stream for playback after opening the file by clicking on the file info pan(top-left).

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
IamHri

Post by IamHri »

Dear FameRing Support Team,

thanks for the reply. I hope a more detailed description could help you to help me.

My test M2TS file has the following product details:
Language: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (DTS 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (DTS 5.1))

After opening the M2TS stream I could select one of six audio streams (my M2TS file has seven audio streams).
as preview audio stream. In the preview it seems that everything is all right, but after transcoding I get a file with only one audio stream (it is the English DD 2.0 one).
[ - I use PowerDVD as player.]

But this happens not all the time and in all selected parts of the M2TS file.

some additions: I put two samples on the ftp-server. Playing "everythingOK.m2ts" with PowerDVD the Player see all audio streams. Playing "only_one..." with PowerDVD no audio stream switch is available. (but in SmartCutter and vlc all audio streams are selectable)

Best regards
Gottfried
IamHri

Post by IamHri »

Some additional remarks:
I think that SmartCutter has a problem to handle more than 6 audio streams. (to store all streams)
[the chance to crash the app increases also with the number of audio streams]

!!Therefore my feature request:
the user should be able to select the to be stored streams by hooking the streams. In my opinion the program should also give more information about the audio stream (ac3+language). [without crashing the application]

best regards.
I hope there will be a crashfree version asap.