smart cutter: crash with almost all file m2ts

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
tsukasa

smart cutter: crash with almost all file m2ts

Post by tsukasa »

hello

could you help me with my problem; until recently i use smart cutter with different version, from many year now, to cut file m2ts from a "freebox" (it is a french net box with an internal hard disk producing m2ts files, downloaded to my pc); it's happened to have difficulties with about 10 % of such files (successif crash), but recently it is about 90 % of these who produce a crash. surprisingly, it's depend, not of different file but from different tv channel. For exemple, with "tv5" files there is no problem, but with "kztv" files (a japanese anime channel) almost every conduct to a fatal crash. I do not understand. I have many old version of smart cutter i have archived, but it is the same problem, with the same pattern of files. I fear that some channel added some type of "instructions" or "codes" now unreadable by your smart cutter. It is very sad, because your software is absolutely unique on the market, and I have no other alternative. Is it possible to improve your soft with a capacity to overcome such special m2ts file? I don't think that it is a form of protection of any kind, because I can easily read such files with vlc. But I must absolutely cut and divide some parts to make room on my hard disk (one of the purpose of smart cutter...). It will be very difficult to send you some sample because the incrimined files make between 2Gb to 7Gb !! But if another customer have send you a demand for this kind of problem, perhaps have you some information to share? I am registered.
Thank you
(sorry for my strange english (^_^) )
tsukasa

Re: smart cutter: crash with almost all file m2ts

Post by tsukasa »

hello again,
I send you some short sample of the problematic file
You kind find in the sub-directory "tsukasa" (split with your instructions)
because (?) it's short, it seem working, but after a few second, the soft crash
Perhaps you can detect the cause with the nature of this m2ts file
I thank you for your effort
tsukasa
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear tsukasa:
Thanks for your message and the sample file.

We did re-produce the problem on our end, we will try to find a fix and keep you posted.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
tsukasa

Post by tsukasa »

hello
still no news for a fix? when could i expect a new version?
i am sorry to press you but your soft is absolutly irreplaceable
thank you
tsukasa