Selecting only a few frames doesn't work

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
dejong12

Selecting only a few frames doesn't work

Post by dejong12 »

Hello,

I'm using the newest version (1.7.0) of Smart Cutter. I select a start point and I want to select an end point 4 frames after the start point but the program doesn't let me do this. It needs a minimum of 50 frames (if I'm correctly) to be able to select an end point. Is there any way to change this?

Regards, dejong12
admin
Site Admin

Re: Selecting only a few frames doesn't work

Post by admin »

Dear dejong12:
Thanks for your message.

'It needs a minimum of 50 frames (if I'm correctly) to be able to select an end point.'
Yes, it needs a minimum of 2 seconds distance between the start and the end point, it is a must due to the audio/video sync.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
dejong12

Post by dejong12 »

Thank you for your reply! So it won't be possible to achieve this? Then I want to suggest/request a feature, make it so you can mute the audio at selected parts. Those 4 frames I mentioned are the start of an episode of a TV show which have the commercial aired before the start of the show in it, so when you cut it you can hear a noise or beep in the beginning of the video and I find that ugly.
You could make it so you can select a few frames and have an option or slider to mute them or you could edit the existing feature to mute the selected part (again it would be useful to select only a few frames), add that to the batch, mute off, add rest to the batch. Please let me know your opinion about this.
cirrus

Post by cirrus »

is this 50 frames still a limitation? I need to do lots of short edits and currently unable to :(
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear cirrus:
Thanks for your message.

'is this 50 frames still a limitation?'
Yes, it still needs a minimum of 2 seconds distance between the start and the end point, it is a must due to the audio/video sync.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team