1.4.5 "Fix for win7 ts duration property"

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
highc

1.4.5 "Fix for win7 ts duration property"

Post by highc »

Hi - Since version 1.4.5, I'm sometimes having difficulties playing back cut ts movies. To be precise, my player (mplayer, Linux) has difficulties determining the right time code/duration for movies, and hence is unable to pause, resume or skip forward/backward. While in my test series I've not yet been able to reproduce a certain error/behavior, I keep having random difficulties. Sometimes just cutting the same movie again helps...?!

When I was just looking, if a new version would be available (hoping that it would fix the issue), I noticed in the release notes the fix mentioned in the subject. My guess is that this relates to my problem. Again, I cannot provide a test sample, yet, because just cutting the same movie again at the same scenes helps to fix the error. But if you could maybe look at the code again to see if there might be something in there causing this behavior, that would help.

I'll now install 1.4.6 to see if things are better there. If not, I'll revert to 1.4.4, which did not cause these issues.

Thanks.