Audio Issue

General information about FameRing products, including installation, requirements, license, etc.
handyd

Audio Issue

Post by handyd »

I have trying the demo version for a bit to make sure it does what I need. I have been burned in the past paying for software that never gets updated and your price is a little high for the risk.

My basic use case is to remove commercials from show I record via Windows Media Center or SDHomerunDVR. After recording, I use Handbreak to convert it to MP4 with AC3 6-channel Audio pass-though.

So far one MAJOR issue I have been encountering is Audio. I go to save a file and their is no Audio. This happens about 2 or 3 time out of the 10 times I tested it.

As far a features go, I would like the ability to delete a specific section. Right now, all I can do is clear the entire cut and delete cuts from the last cut. So if I want to fix, let's say the first cut out of 6, I need to delete everything and start over.

Let me know.

Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Re: Audio Issue

Post by admin »

Dear handyd:
Thanks for your message.

'I use Handbreak to convert it to MP4 with AC3 6-channel Audio pass-though.'
What's the original format before you feed it into Handbrake? How about just cut the very original files in Smart Cutter before you feed them into Handbrake?

'I would like the ability to delete a specific section. Right now, all I can do is clear the entire cut and delete cuts from the last cut.'
Looks we have some misunderstanding between us about the video cut operation. May you please describe the situation in more detail?

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
handyd

Post by handyd »

'I use Handbreak to convert it to MP4 with AC3 6-channel Audio pass-though.'
What's the original format before you feed it into Handbrake? How about just cut the very original files in Smart Cutter before you feed them into Handbrake?

The Original format is usually a WTV recorded from Windows Media Center, which you don't support.

'I would like the ability to delete a specific section. Right now, all I can do is clear the entire cut and delete cuts from the last cut.'
Looks we have some misunderstanding between us about the video cut operation. May you please describe the situation in more detail?

Here's an example, the --- is the video and the xxx is the section I want to keep, labeled 1-5. If I decided I wanted to make a change to 2, I have to delete sections 5, 4, 3, and 2, then redo all of them. I would like the ability to just delete the section 2 by itself.

|---xx1xxx---------xxx2xxx-------xx3xxx----xxx4xxx--------xxx5xxx-------------|
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear handyd:
Thanks for your message.

'Here's an example, the --- is the video and the xxx is the section I want to keep, labeled 1-5. If I decided I wanted to make a change to 2, I have to delete sections 5, 4, 3, and 2, then redo all of them. I would like the ability to just delete the section 2 by itself.'
After you defined start and out points, a blue segment will be shown on the time line. Click on a blue segment will display its start and end points and make it the current segment, click the Delete button(bottom on the UI) to remove current segment. That will remove a single segment from multiple segments as you want.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
handyd

Post by handyd »

Thank you. I see that works.

Getting back to my other issue, the Audio is the biggest problem I see with the application. I'll check newer versions to see if it's fixed before making a decision.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear handyd:
Thanks for your message.

'the Audio is the biggest problem'
Could you please upload a original video sample showing the problem to our ftp server for a test?

It would be better if the sample file size is less than 50 MB.

-------------------------------------
before uploading sample, please create sub-directory with your name under the root, then upload sample to this sub-directory.

FULL priviliged --- mkdir, read, write, remove
Will be helpful to limit the sample file size under 50MB.
Thank you.

FTP Username: samples@fame-ring.com
Password: samples
FTP Server: ftp.fame-ring.com
FTP Server Port: 21
Here is also a step by step tutorial for uploading sample(s):
http://www.fame-ring.com/uphelp.html

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
handyd

Post by handyd »

I haven't been testing it lately and don't currently have any videos to edit. I'll send it as soon as I do.

Thank you
admin wrote:Dear handyd:
Thanks for your message.

'the Audio is the biggest problem'
Could you please upload a original video sample showing the problem to our ftp server for a test?

It would be better if the sample file size is less than 50 MB.

before uploading sample, please create sub-directory with your name under the root, then upload sample to this sub-directory.

FULL priviliged --- mkdir, read, write, remove
Will be helpful to limit the sample file size under 50MB.
Thank you.

FTP Username: samples@fame-ring.com
Password: samples
FTP Server: ftp.fame-ring.com
FTP Server Port: 21
Here is also a step by step tutorial for uploading sample(s):
http://www.fame-ring.com/uphelp.html

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team