[Smart Cutter 1.8.4] Questions from a new user (vob and mp4)

General information about FameRing products, including installation, requirements, license, etc.
lollipop

[Smart Cutter 1.8.4] Questions from a new user (vob and mp4)

Post by lollipop »

Hi, i really need to have a shareware able to cut at specific frame, at this time i'm still trying the demo version of Smart Cutter 1.8.4.
It's currently the best shareware i tried to cut at specific frame.

Basically, i listen to a lot of music videos.
I buy the original dvd of music videos, i rip them on my computer in .VOB with dvd decrypter, then i use Handbrake to get a high quality .MP4
The problem is that most of my videos have those "warning copyright" things in the beginning and the end of the video, that i'm obliged to extract with the .VOB
So this is why i need something to cut my videos, i need to remove these unwanted parts of my videos.

Basically, i tried Smart Cutter on different .VOB, some have lpcm audio, while others have ac3, it seems like Smart Cutter was able to do it's job for these .VOB
But i'm a little afraid, if i buy Smart Cutter, what will happen to replace the "Demo" thing ? Will i have a badly pixelated part of my video in the beginning and end of my video ? I know that Smart Cutter transcode these parts to make it possible, but i don't know about if this is visible or not, because the result is hidden by the "demo" thing. Also, i want to be sure the video will cut at the specific frame, because i don't want to see the "warning" messages, and i don't want to lose the beginning of my music video.

Basically, i plan to cut my .VOB before to use Handbrake to make my MP4.
But i think Smart Cutter support MP4 too. So i was curious to try it with my MP4 already trancoded by Handbrake, and the result was not as good as it was with a .VOB. Firstly, the sound got removed from my MP4 video
Info from VLC:
Type: Video
Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part10) (avc1)
Resolution: 720x480
Frame rate: 23.975409 But the output MP4 was a little different: 23.958904 Not an important difference, but is it normal that it's not exactly the same ?
decoded size: Planar 4:2:0 YUV
Type: Audio
Codec: A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)
Channel: Stereo (this info only appear for the INput video)
Description: Surround (this info only appear for the OUTput video)

48000Hz
448kb/s (yeah i love high quality sound too)

And then, i realise that the output MP4 video doesn't have any sound, the audio track has been lost. Happily for me i plan to transcode my VOB videos in Smart Cutter, but i was curious to know why my MP4 from Smart Cutter lost it's audio track ?

Also, the new MP4 had some strange ugly gray things in the beginning instead of the "Demo" thing (sometime it was just a gray screen too), i guest that was only because i use very specific parameters when i transcode my videos with Handbrake ? Seems like my MP4 have problems with Smart Cutter, i wonder if this is due to the way i transcode my videos with handbrake.

Most importantly, i really want Smart Cutter to be perfect with my VOB file, and so i have high expectation from this shareware lol, since it's really important for me to keep the quality of my videos and to just remove these things, i already tried some other sharewares but they was just not working at all. For now, i'm still testing Smart Cutter with more VOB videos. From now, i only found one VOB with problem (new vob was freezing), but this vob was already very strangely made on the original dvd (and was even difficult to rip), so i don't know what to think about this vob.
lollipop

Re: [Smart Cutter 1.8.4] Questions from a new user (vob and

Post by lollipop »

hmm, no reply! I guess that mean Smart Cutter is no longer supported.
So, if anyone have a suggestion for a shareware to do what i want to do (read my first post just above), please let me know.
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear lollipop:
Thanks for your message.

'if i buy Smart Cutter, what will happen to replace the "Demo" thing ? Will i have a badly pixelated part of my video in the beginning and end of my video?'
If you did not see any pixelated part on the 'demo' watermarked frames, then there will be no pixelated part on the purchased version's output too.

'the sound got removed from my MP4 video'
Which video player you are using to show the audio absence? WMP, VLC, or MPC HC? or in Smart Cutter?

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
lollipop

Post by lollipop »

Dear admin, thanks for your message!
"If you did not see any pixelated part on the 'demo' watermarked frames, then there will be no pixelated part on the purchased version's output too."
Then, it should work with vob files, but not really with my mp4. For my mp4 i have just a gray screen for 2-3 seconds instead of the word "Demo"
Which video player you are using to show the audio absence? WMP, VLC, or MPC HC? or in Smart Cutter?
I tried to test different things, here's the results:
Test#1. Before i use Smart Cutter, my mp4 have sound playing perfectly in VLC, and it show "Channel: Stereo"
Test#2. I put the mp4 in Smart Cutter, and i play my mp4 directly in Smart Cutter: The sound play but is very bad, because the sound is jumping and repeating itself, however the video seem to play fine, just the sound.
Test#3. I save my video Smart Cutter, and the video play without any sound in VLC, and it show "Description: Surround" instead of "Channel: Stereo".
Test#4. I take this video with no sound, and i put it in Smart Cutter, and Smart Cutter is like VLC, it play the mp4 without any sound.
As a result, i think Smart Cutter have some difficulties to read the sound of my mp4 (due to the jumping sound), so when i save the video, it just seem to remove the sound for a strange "Surround" thing. The strange thing is that Smart Cutter would not be suppose to change anything to the audio, since it only re-encode few second of the video, and it is supposed not to touch the middle part of the video.

I think Smart Cutter have problems with my mp4 because it doesn't support the way i encoded my mp4 with handbrake, because the same video .VOB (from the original dvd) have no problem to do the job. So i think Smart Cutter have problem with some mp4, depending how they have been transcoded.

Edit:
Maybe i can upload a sample of my mp4 so you can try to fix the problem? I have a sample of my mp4, and it is 27,8mo of size.
I used Smart Cutter to cut my original vob file, to have just a sample.
Then, i used handbrake to transcode my sample vob to get a mp4
And this sample mp4 you could test, it is exactly how i transcode all my videos, it works perfectly in VLC, but the sound have some bug when it play in Smart Cutter, and if i save the video, the sound disappear. Also, you could see the gray screen that appear at the beginning of the video if you try to save the video with Smart Cutter. The same thing happen to all my mp4 (as they are all transcoded the same way).

Edit 2:
I uploaded the file to the ftp. Please, you can let me know here about anything new about this issue. Thanks