Installer of version 1.7.7

General information about FameRing products, including installation, requirements, license, etc.
mrth

Installer of version 1.7.7

Post by mrth »

The new snartcutter 1.7.7 has a installer which copies two files as smartcutter.exe and installs to the appdata User Folder ??
What is the sense of this ? If i want to use the Programm with different userids do i have to install it for every userid ?
Can i move the Installation Folder to the old Installation place ?
And what does the Parameter "acc" in the start of the program mean ?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Installer of version 1.7.7

Post by admin »

Dear mrth:
Thanks for your message.

'Can i move the Installation Folder to the old Installation place ?'
If you want to change the default directory, we'd recommend you to use the portable version
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.rar
decompress to any folder and ready to run.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
mrth

Post by mrth »

I then will use the portable version for now. But i would prefer a installable version which installs to "Program files" or c:\famering. I think the roaming Profile Folders are not meant for installing programs. If i would use roaming profiles, then at every logon/logoff the executable is copied over the network (if profiles are deleted at logoff). Smartcutter is not so big, but i don't like the idea.
VGER

Post by VGER »

I couldn't agree more: It was high time to get to work on the installer, but the current (as of v1.7.9) one is worse than before.

The directory _has_ to be user definable. Additionally, installing to a AppData is always a bad idea.

Can you please make this fix as soon as possible? Having to use the portable version isn't that great a solution.

Regards
highc

Post by highc »

For what it's worth: I agree, still not possible in 1.8.4. Please change this.