Crashing when cutting .TS Stream in HD

General information about FameRing products, including installation, requirements, license, etc.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crashing when cutting .TS Stream in HD

Post by admin »

Dear albert:
Thanks for your message.

'Any advances in correcting the bug? Using a virtual machine Windows is not really that comfortable ...'
Still in progress.
It is quite strange that, Smart Cutter only works on the OSX version on which it was built. For example, if we build it on OSX 10.9, it only works on 10.9, and fails on 10.11; if we build it on 10.11, it only works on 10.11, and fails on 10.9.
It looks like an issue of OSX system compatibility, not easy to deal with, but we are still trying to make it work on all OSX versions.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
anon743

Post by anon743 »

I have a similar problem just recently when cutting and resaving an HD TS file (recorded from an STB). The crash occurs when the rendering reaches about 84%. The resaved file is there but incomplete.

Using XP SP3 with 4GBs of RAM. Was using v1.93 (now updated to 1.94) and the problem still persists under 1.94. Crash only occurs to just one recent TS file, while all others are fine (ie. no crashes). I suspect a certain audio sync issue within the stream has caused the problem.

In the end I had to use another product (VxxxxxRxDx) to do the cutting (also frame by frame) which was successful, but that program also strips (cleans) out any unwanted streams which allegedly renders the resulting TS file unrecognizable from the STB.

Any take on this?
albert

Post by albert »

Hi,

Any news on my problem? It starts to get a bit frustrating since it's nearly a year now that this issue is not resolved.

The Mac version more or less works with SD streams – but with HD material it crashes all the time. Even under WinXP Smart Cutter is crashing from time to time ... an of course its very slow when running in an virtual machine.

No support for paying customers?

In hope for an reaction
Albert
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear albert:
Thanks for your message.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
The developers did not confirm the reason yet. We are still struggling among several possible approaches.
Never thought this could take so long, any way, we will keep on trying to find the real reason.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
dumdumfat

Workaround: Crashing when cutting .TS Stream in HD

Post by dumdumfat »

I have met the crash situation before. I found that SmartCutter would be crashed when the size of the source file was greater than 4.37GB. In the meantime, my workaround is to use TSSpliter to split the large file in several files less than 4.37GB in size, then cut and join them in SmartCutter to one file (you can cut and join the TS file smoothly as long as the source file is not greater than 4.37GB no matter what size is the output file). However, the video will cause jitter at the cutting point cut by TSSpliter but it is better than none. :( I hope this issue of SmartCutter will be fixed soon.